• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series 2007-08

sideshowtim

Banned
Disgraceful by the Indian fans to boo Bracken. They should appreciate the superb cricket he has played this summer and give him the reception he deserves.

pup11

International Coach
Brad Hogg now comes up on to the stage. He gets a trophy for his contributions to cricket. On whether he wished he'd played today: "I've spent a few games as 12th man. It's a privilege to be here and represent Australia. I'd have loved to have been going to Adelaide, I might have got a game, that's the way it goes. I've loved every minute of it, it's been a childhood dream. I'm still pinching myself."

Bye George, you would be missed.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whta else can he say after being out-classed so convincingly.
I liked how he didn't blame the off-field crap for the performances, gave credit to India and seemed very sincere in his words. Top effort.

pup11

International Coach
Disgraceful by the Indian fans to boo Bracken. They should appreciate the superb cricket he has played this summer and give him the reception he deserves.
The series is over and done with and for god's sake let's stop blaming and pointing fingers at each other now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The top ten players according to Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket:

1. MS Dhoni 152 points
2. Nathan Bracken 150 points
3. James Hopes 148 points
4. Gautam Gambhir 136 points
5. Adam Gilchrist 132 points
6. Brett Lee 128 points
7. Sachin Tendulkar 115 points
8. Michael Clarke 114 points
9. Kumar Sangakkara 114 points
10. Michael Hussey 104 points

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
This loss will be good for aus, with so many players leaving lately and a few getting quite old i think the team could do with a bit of a shake up.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Future Australian ODI XI

Well with Gilly & Hogg retired it sort of changes the dynamics of the ODI XI for the near future a fair bit IMO. Question marks will be asked on who should open the batting or whether a spinner is required. This would be my best XI with Australia building now for the Champions trophy later this year.

Hayden/Jaques
Watson
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Haddin
Hopes
Lee
Johnson/Tait
Bracken

Other squad players: Noffke, D Hussey, White, Hodge, Clark, Hauritz/Cullen.

Hayden/Jaques - well even though i feel he is still hungry to keep playing for Australia i'm not sure how long he is willing to prolong his ODI career for so if he decided to retire in the coming months i would give Jaques a go in the ODI team.

Johnson/Tait - well if Tait recovers in time i'd pick him over Johnson since Tait is more of an impact bowler & ability to take wickets in the final overs is a huge asset.

Hauritz/Cullen - i'd presume the selectors would want to have some varitey within the attack & these two seem like the best option in Australian domestic cricket, but for Australians who have been seeing them playing for their respective states you could probably tell me whether they are good enough to be considered in the near future.

Ohh... well played to India, best all-round balanced Indian ODI set-up i think i've ever seen in my time of watching cricket. Keep building & thats a world-class ODI unit in the making.

masterblaster

International Captain
Disagree, India might win the series, but I'm fairly certain it'll go to a third game. Feel free to bring this up tomorrow night if it doesn't happen though :p (Annoyingly I have a lecture/tute from 6-9 tomorrow so will miss a lot of the second innings :ranting:)
Told you mate. Only kidding :)

Seriously this series has been one of the very best I've seen in recent times. This young Indian side is special. They made the world sit up and take notice after they won the Twenty20 World Cup. Some fans on these boards (sideshowtim I'm looking at you here) claimed that this very same side would get destroyed by Australia in the CB Series. I'm so proud that the young guys have let their cricket do the talking.

The highlights of this summer have been Gautam Gambhir's batting, Mahendra Dhoni's outstanding wicketkeeping, batting and leadership, Rohit Sharma's development and the rise of Ishant Sharma and Praveen Kumar. We have all the talent in the world, we just need to keep our heads and continue to play sensibly. If so there's no reason why we cannot feature in the top 3 teams in the world regularly.

Today was just fantastic and I'm proud to be an Indian supporter. The Australian team handled themselves with a lot of class and professionalism during the presentation ceremony. They are a champion side and they will no doubt bounce back. Although today, it was India's day and I'm so happy that it was.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hopes
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Haddin
Noffke
Lee
Heal
Bracken

for mine.

R_D

International Debutant
**** yeah.... great series win by India.
What was that Hayden... can't win a game? :D
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

the win feels so awesome... been a great series overall... very competitive and close one.

masterblaster

International Captain
**** yeah.... great series win by India.
What was that Hayden... can't win a game? :D
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

the win feels so awesome... been a great series overall... very competitive and close one.
It feels so good to stick it to that idiot. I hope Hayden is regretting those comments now.