• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't be surprised if he did tbh
Well its never been done, so it's a big ask. Just takes one day he's off form in 16. This performance has been bizarre though, to be leading by 8 when he isn't even driving the ball well. He won't be able to do that when this course has been set up for the US Open. Yet I guess he's not planning at being 100% at this time of the year.

It's a possibility, but I think he won't ever do it, tbh.

Baddley and Scott look good this year, fancy one of then to pick up a major.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well its never been done, so it's a big ask. Just takes one day he's off form in 16. This performance has been bizarre though, to be leading by 8 when he isn't even driving the ball well. He won't be able to do that when this course has been set up for the US Open. Yet I guess he's not planning at being 100% at this time of the year.

It's a possibility, but I think he won't ever do it, tbh.

Baddley and Scott look good this year, fancy one of then to pick up a major.
scott won at qatar with an awesome final round...looks to be in good form, as to tiger's huge lead, his iron play and putting was awesome and that's what put in the driver's seat at the buick...the grandslam is a tough ask though, even for tiger...wouldn't rule it out though, when he gets in the zone, the rest of the field(including mickelson) is reduced to picking up the crumbs...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played The Dunes today down on the Mornington Peninsula...what a golf course! Extremely frustrating for the first 9 holes as I was hitting it well but scoring badly. Scored well on the last nine though (actually the front 9) after getting used to the layout and judging distances. A really fun day out on the course, with a few swear words thrown in! :laugh:
I've heard it's a great course. Love to play Moonah. Have you had a hit there?

In October had a hit at Barnbougle Dunes in Tassie - rated 3 in Australia by some. Full public access course, $80 and paid an extra $60 for a caddie who saved me about 15 shots. What a course it is:

http://www.barnbougledunes.com.au/

grecian

yeah he was pretty spectacular in the final round, wasn't he?:)

He was. Yet I'm disappointed in the likes ofr Els and Stenson, If they'd shot low Woods wouldn't have had a chance after his mediocre two days. You do worry that the contenders are just frightened of the Tiger.

Kaymer was impressive, maybe it's up to the young uns to challenge him, they're not from a beaten generation, so to speak.

Son Of Coco

I've heard it's a great course. Love to play Moonah. Have you had a hit there?

In October had a hit at Barnbougle Dunes in Tassie - rated 3 in Australia by some. Full public access course, $80 and paid an extra $60 for a caddie who saved me about 15 shots. What a course it is:

http://www.barnbougledunes.com.au/
Yeah, I had a hit on the Moonah Open Course before coming back up here to Kingscliff...it was awesome! Long course, tough holes, but thoroughly enjoyable. (Even if I did swear profusely). My mate played Barnbougle a few months back too, he said it was unbelievable.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He was. Yet I'm disappointed in the likes ofr Els and Stenson, If they'd shot low Woods wouldn't have had a chance after his mediocre two days. You do worry that the contenders are just frightened of the Tiger.
well if you look at it like that, both els and stenson were also due a bad day after three steady to excellent days, right? it did look like both folded to the pressure by maybe playing too aggressively and in stenson's case, very average putting as well...that's probably what separates tiger from the rest, he attacks when he needs to but almost never screws it up...don't know whether it's because they are frightened of him though, they made an effort, they were both desperate for the win, i think it was simply because they are not as good...look at mickelson today at the tpc scottsdale, lost in a crunch situation to j.b holmes...as well as holmes played, difficult to imagine woods losing in the same situation...

Kaymer was impressive, maybe it's up to the young uns to challenge him, they're not from a beaten generation, so to speak.
kaymer was good over this weekend but let's wait and see whether someone who can consistently challenge him emerges...

grecian

I'd like to apply this once again, McDowell also.
Hmm, even though I do use plastic paddyness on occasions, I'll have to demur in support of the Irishmen tomorrow. 3 pounds each-way on Jacquelin at 66-1, may be the reason for that:)

grecian

Useless French git. Should of taking my mates advice and sold him on the exchanges. Yet I don't really understand that type of betting. Still I'll pick up over 50 quid. Never heard of the winner before this week.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Useless French git. Should of taking my mates advice and sold him on the exchanges. Yet I don't really understand that type of betting. Still I'll pick up over 50 quid. Never heard of the winner before this week.
:laugh: :laugh:

grecian

Continued progress of my money going down the pan

****ing Woods:@

Put money on Baddeley this torney, he gave the tigger a good run, but couldn't put him away with a few makeable putts. Then Woods gets his chance and he drains it8-)

typical:surrender

grecian

Yes, Choi and Stenson bite the dust today.

I liked Woods answer to the interviewer there, asked if he enjoyed these close matches, he said "nah I'd rather blow them away". :cool:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
****ing Woods:@

Put money on Baddeley this torney, he gave the tigger a good run, but couldn't put him away with a few makeable putts. Then Woods gets his chance and he drains it8-)

typical:surrender
yeah baddeley had three solid chances on the 17th, 18th and 19th holes and missed all of them narrowly, the last two were for wins...then woods got a 13 footer on the 20th and the end! that was the best match of the tournament i think in terms of quality of play..