• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Irrelevent to what I raised. On what you raise - not only will blind Indian fans have bad days, even the Indian fans who can appreciate good cricket from both sides will not like it if India does badly as it is not great watching your team lose.
Yes Thats what I told you! Indians fans will not have good days ahead supporting their heroes..

Its is the same thing that you wrote above!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes Thats what I told you! Indians fans will not have good days ahead supporting their heroes..

Its is the same thing that you wrote above!
There is a subtle difference between blind Indian fans and Indian fans who can appreciate good cricket from the other side as well. If any one who supports India is a blind Indian fan, then all Aussies who support Australia are also blind Aussie fans, South Africans are also blind RSA fans. So there is a subtle but crucial difference.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Interesting to note that the last time India toured Australia the official thread reached only 2652 posts....

Raghav

There is a subtle difference between blind Indian fans and Indian fans who can appreciate good cricket from the other side as well. If any one who supports India is a blind Indian fan, then all Aussies who support Australia are also blind Aussie fans, South Africans are also blind RSA fans. So there is a subtle but crucial difference.
Yes thats what I also mean!

Everyone who hates Indian cricket and Indian cricket administration is not blind!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes thats what I also mean!

Everyone who hates Indian cricket and Indian cricket administration is not blind!
Agreed. For instance, I have hated a lot of aspects of the Indian cricket administration over the years. So has Silentstriker. Your kind of bashing Indian cricket is very much blind bashing though.

Raghav

Agreed. For instance, I have hated a lot of aspects of the Indian cricket administration over the years. So has Silentstriker. Your kind of bashing Indian cricket is very much blind bashing though.
I am not blind.. Today you can see how the administration/selectors made mistake with the selection.. Its true and its not blind today..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not blind.. Today you can see how the administration/selectors made mistake with the selection.. Its true and its not blind today..
I have criticised the Indian selectors for selections for this tour as well. That is markedly different from saying this is India's true colours. That means that you are ignoring the colours shown by India in the tests. Ignoring one thing and looking at another and bashing the poor thing and not appreciating the good thing is blindness, dear Raghav.

Raghav

I have criticised the Indian selectors for selections for this tour as well. That is markedly different from saying this is India's true colours. That means that you are ignoring the colours shown by India in the tests. Ignoring one thing and looking at another and bashing the poor thing and not appreciating the good thing is blindness, dear Raghav.
You got back to basic! " India true colours"

I told that and that implies the team performed well in the tests and now they got back to original cricket (poor cricket) .Understand mate

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You got back to basic! " India true colours"

I told that and that implies the team performed well in the tests and now they got back to original cricket (poor cricket) .Understand mate
I go back to the original point because that is where I raise it And yes, you are very much that given your line of posting over time here, whether you like it or not. When India does crap, you take every opportunity to bash them and label them but do not show much of intent at praising them when they do happen to do well.

Last edited:

Raghav

I go back to the original point because that is where I raise it And yes, you are very much that given your line of posting over time here, whether you like it or not. When India does crap, you take every opportunity to bash them and label them but do not show much of intent at praising them when they do happen to do well.
Hello, check back to older threads and how count how many times I posted even when Indians won! You notice me only when India dont do well... Contact Crizal!

Crizal, you got a lifelong customer!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hello, check back to older threads and how count how many times I posted even when Indians won! You notice me only when India dont do well... Contact Crizal!

Crizal, you got a lifelong customer!
no, you do post when India win but it is markedly different from how and what you post when they lose...

And talking about India's true colors... What are New Zealand's true colors exactly? 26 all out????? And yet when they do badly, it is due to one reason or the other and when India do badly, it is their TRUE colors???????????????

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the guy is just trying to get a rise out of anyone who'd read and react to his tripe(although he tries to make them look like serious posts), ignore him and you take away his ammo...

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
This is also the most viewed thread of all time
The Ashes 2005 thread had popped up a couple of weeks ago and seemed to have had over 300K view. So that was probably it (I wasnt around).

Fitting for the only test series loss that Australia has faced in the entire existence of CW, (unless it was around in 2001, for the India series.). Looking forward some, Australia in India in Oct 2008 may be the only series to see a repeat of that. Assuming that either the 'old' middle order still stays on for the rest of 2008 and/or the young pretenders grow some more sense than we've seen in the T20I and the ODI this week.

ps Just looked at the FTP, India's playing between 19 and 21 tests in 2008, can that be right???

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
God the media have been terrible throughout this whole thing. Why on earth would you ever go to Neil Harvey for an opinion? It's always the same thing. "This team is terrible! It's not like back in my day!" He's just a bitter old man who can't get over that his time in the spotlight is over and he's no longer Australian cricket's golden boy, which was a looong time ago. There's a reason why he's nicknamed rent-a-quote and is the only ex-Australian cricket player not invited into the dressing rooms. Dire Dire Dire.

A great breakdown on Neil Harvey from a member of the Beige Brigade who has a blog on NZ's leading news site, Stuff.co.nz (a conglomeration of many daily papers in NZ):

Great to see some inter-generational cricketing warfare erupt across the Tasman. General Ricky Ponting has metaphorically scooped up fellow number 3 batsman Admiral Neil Harvey and verbally DDT’d him a la Jake the Snake* after the old-timer unleashed another volley of criticism at the Lucky Country’s contemporary cricket and cricketers. Ponting said:

…Neil Harvey seems to be the hardest man in the world to please where modern cricket is concerned. He’s also the first one that any journalist around Australia would ring because they know he is going to give a negative reaction to this team. And to tell the truth there is no one in our current team, and I don’t think there’s too many around Australia that actually sit back and listen to what Neil Harvey has got to say.​

That’s a pretty tragic state of affairs, and an irretrievable relationship breakdown most certainly. A quick squizz at the history book shows that - and it pains me to say it: Richard Ponting may well be right on this one. Harvey seems to be one of those commentators that has a knack for making every quote sound like it has emerged from the mouth of a bulldog chewing a lemon-flavoured wasp. Highlights from the piehole of Mr R N Harvey over the years have included:

- 6200 Test runs at 45+ between them, but they’re rubbish! “I don’t think Lehmann was ever a Test player and Martyn has failed far too often. They are both over the hill and must be removed before it’s too late. There are a number of young players and they should be given their chances.”

- On the extraordinary Ashes win at the Adelaide Oval, conveniently overlooking the fact Australia also took 9/70 in the first two sessions of the last day: “It just scrapes into my top ten test victories of all time. In 1948, my team had to make 400-odd on the last day and achieved it with 15 minutes to spare. How does that compare to making 160?”

- Possibly not at #3 but is this fair? “Ricky Ponting wouldn’t have gotten a game in the Invincibles.”

- Disappointing for us to be keeping this company: “There are some inflated figures that have been flying around, both batting and bowling, these last few years, because they’re playing against teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and New Zealand, who you have to say are very poor cricket teams.”

- Back in his day…“See, you go back to the past and you’ve got to remember that the past players played under uncovered wickets, whereas these guys who play out here are a little bit spoilt in my opinion. They play on flat wickets all the time and they grizzle if the ball does a little bit off the pitch, and whatever. But we had to put up with that.”

- On Steve Waugh’s swashbuckling 77 in the 4th Ashes Test at the MCG: “Knowing the bloke he is, I suppose he went out there fully determined to do something about all the pressure he’s been getting in the last couple of weeks and he’s fortunate I suppose, he’s playing against probably one of the worst cricket teams I’ve ever seen and the two openers, of course, have given him a great start to sap away the bowler’s confidence and he went out there with a job I would suppose would be a little easier to do than normally would be done.”

- On the Waugh twins, a common target of his vitriol: “Money is the only thing that keeps them playing. If they earned the same money as I did when I was playing they’d have retired at 34 as I did, and Australian cricket would be the better for it.”

- On whether Steve Waugh’s record-breaking Australian team was the best ever? ” No, they’re not, no, far from it. I could name three other teams that are probably better than this one and they get carried away with the strength of the opposition these days…the ‘48 team is one obviously, and I would name the ‘58 team of Benaud’s, and the ‘72 team of Ian Chappell’s… See the current lot have, in my opinion, have got two weaknesses…they haven’t got an all-rounder for a start and they also haven’t got an opening batsman. They’ve gone back to Hayden again.”

It is a little sad when all you can do as an ex-player is stick the knife in and slash away like a mad butcher whenever you’re asked a question about the current team. Call it as you see it, sure, but relentlessly washing your old school bitterness over today’s generation of players just undermines your standing as one of the greatest cricketers of all-time. Methinks Neil should abandon the rent-a-potshot and stick to tupperware, kitchen and cosmetics - the trades he has plied for decades.

So if Neil Harvey is the Australian personification of cricket’s rent-a-quote, who is the New Zealand version: Martin Crowe? Warren Lees? John Morrison? Ian Smith? Mark Richardson? Simon Doull? I’m not sure…

And last up, take a look at the second photo in this posting: the one with the shattered stumps. A CHOCOLATE FISH to the first person who can identify (i) the Aussie batsman, (ii) the Kiwi bowler and (iii) the Test match venue… Discuss.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/blogs/sidelineslogger/2008/02/01/ddting-neil-harvey/

burr

State Vice-Captain
This is also the most viewed thread of all time
I'd say that about 60% of the posts in this thread were absolute reactionary c**p, mostly around the time of infamous 2nd test match.

I can't wait 'til Aus tours India, best series of '08 I hope. So many qs - can Ponting finally prove himself on the sub-continent, can Aus repeat its famous, drought breaking series victory in India without its stars. I'd have to say no, but that depends on if the Indian greats are still around and firing.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say that about 60% of the posts in this thread were absolute reactionary c**p, mostly around the time of infamous 2nd test match.

I can't wait 'til Aus tours India, best series of '08 I hope. So many qs - can Ponting finally prove himself on the sub-continent, can Aus repeat its famous, drought breaking series victory in India without its stars. I'd have to say no, but that depends on if the Indian greats are still around and firing.
Lat time due to board politics australia got two seaming tracks which is unlikely this time around,especially in nagpur the track was like south africa in the first two days.