• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Australia bat I hope they send Gilchrist out to have a crack! Regardless of whether we can win or not. It won't happen...but it'd be nice.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
46 overs left in this game informs Bhogle. The proceedings have been very slow here. Over rates have been the biggest crap in this series. It is not fair either to the batsmen as they have to concentrate for longer periods beyond the usual 6 hours of play in the day when teams try and complete the overs for the day.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is this Sehwag's best innings in his career? I think so. Scoring well above 60% of the team's total right now, and no one else has been able to do anything, which suggests the pitch isn't as good as he is making it look.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Is this Sehwag's best innings in his career? I think so. Scoring well above 60% of the team's total right now, and no one else has been able to do anything, which suggests the pitch isn't as good as he is making it look.
Has batted for 5 hours too till now. Not sure this is his best as he has played a few gems but is right up there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Has batted for 5 hours too till now. Not sure this is his best as he has played a few gems but is right up there.
He has never played one in the second innings though - this is his first on a 5th day pitch. And to do it on a wicket that demands great skill, as evidenced by everyone else in the team getting out - I would put this above his 195.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Don't know if it would have made much difference, but what if Sehwag was playing in the first two tests?
We would have drawn Sydney IMO. He couldn't have been worse than Jaffer. We still would have lost at the MCG though - we were just very undercooked and Australia outplayed us in every department.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Seriously this is just so poor from India, they're leaving balls when they should be trying to score runs and score in boundries to get as many as possible in little time. I think they just wanna make AUS keep bowling the whole day.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Yes to the former and no to the latter. Look at how 3 of the 4 players have gotten out. Tendulkar run out. Ganguly out on a routine ball and looked in no trouble while batting. Laxman got caught playing a shot down leg. He didn't seem in much trouble either. Nobody's received a great ball. And not taking anything away from Brett Lee who's been magnificent. But there have barely been any play and misses. Spinners haven't gotten anything out of the pitch. Nothing has kept ridiculously low/high or turned a lot This pitch is still a beauty. Australia would easily chase a low score here in limited time. It's a must for India to get a 200+ lead.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Seriously this is just so poor from India, they're leaving balls when they should be trying to score runs and score in boundries to get as many as possible in little time. I think they just wanna make AUS keep bowling the whole day.
FFS, don't you get it? The pitch hasn't really changed so i.m.o. it would take at least 90 overs to bowl a team out. India were never going to win this test once Australia went on batting into the fourth day. Be realistic.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He has never played one in the second innings though - this is his first on a 5th day pitch. And to do it on a wicket that demands great skill, as evidenced by everyone else in the team getting out - I would put this above his 195.
It is difficult to compare. This pitch isn't very bad as a pitch for a 5th day of a game. There is the rough patch for the off spinners which is dicey but not much else. Had it been some other pitch and not Adelaide, it could well have been Sehwag's best.

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah, becoming quite obvious that they'd rather lose the series 2-1 than take a risk to draw it...

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
FFS, don't you get it? The pitch hasn't really changed so i.m.o. it would take at least 90 overs to bowl a team out. India were never going to win this test once Australia went on batting into the fourth day. Be realistic.
Well, if they post a decent total and leave enough overs( 5-6runs/ over), it will definitely tempt AUS to try and win, and that's where they can lose wickets.