• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
- India should have played a bit more aggressively post lunch to give a sporting declaration. There was nothing to lose as we are already 2-1 down in the series.

- Kumble is a bit defensive as captain at times. We saw it in the Perth test and we saw it again here. With runs on the board, he should have put in more fielders in catching positions.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
11 runs off that over. There is 52 overs left in the day...you'd think that maybe if they can bat for another 15 overs, then have a bowl?

howardj

International Coach
- India should have played a bit more aggressively post lunch to give a sporting declaration. There was nothing to lose as we are already 2-1 down in the series.

- Kumble is a bit defensive as captain at times. We saw it in the Perth test and we saw it again here. With runs on the board, he should have put in more fielders in catching positions.

It's not a charity match. The problem with a sporting declaration is that India have to still pick up 10 wickets. On the evidence of the first four and a half days, their chances are next to zero. In all honesty, Ponting has been just as defensive (both in his declarations and field placings) this Series.

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yep, every chance for a result even if it goes that way, will not be easy but you never know, stanger things have happened.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not a charity match. The problem with a sporting declaration is that India have to still pick up 10 wickets. On the evidence of the first four and a half days, their chances are next to zero. In all honesty, Ponting has been just as defensive (both in his declarations and field placings) this Series.
I have pointed to Ponting being defensive earlier in the Sydney game. Ponting can afford to be defensive in this game as Australia are 2-1 up, India can't.

The wicket has very little bite but you have to try and win the game and put the series at 2-2. It is almost impossible but what is the harm in trying. Whether it is 3-1 or 2-1, still means that we have lost the series. If they had played a bit more aggressively post lunch and given Australia 45-50 overs to bat, it would have been a good approach in my opinion.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Damn...Laxman gone. Fiery spell this by Lee. India in a little bit of trouble here. Dhoni and the tail will have to step up. Dhoni *HOPEFULLY* doesn't bat like a sissy again.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lee! Was just about to say this is such a crucial spell in the context of the game - a couple of wickets here by Lee and India can be down and out. He has taken one and Australia with a real chance now although draw would still be big favourites.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That'd be the 3rd time this series Laxman has been undone by a short ball. Great bowling again from Lee, such a champion.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If this was England batting, you'd say Australia still had a chance to win. But, this is not England, so I would put my life on a draw.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lee's bowling has been the highlight of the series where I am concerned. He has shown improvements in aspects of his bowling right through the recent past. He has raised it up a notch in this series bending his back and bowling brilliant lines with so much aggression. Has been quite special to watch. Will be perfect from an Australian point of view if he can win it for Australia here as well.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Is Ian Healy in the commentary box now?

I can imagine what he'd be saying.

"Australia still in with a great chaaaannnnncccceee here. The time to strike is now. Lee is on fire. C'mon, Australia!!!" 8-)