• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
christ. everytime i want the runs to dry up they nudge singles... and when i want em to go out by playing a big shot they hit 4

pup11

International Coach
How much of a boost if India could get 450+?
India would have a serious chance of winning this if they score 450+ since they are playing with five bowlers this time around so that certainly gives them a bit more depth as far as their bowling stocks are concerned, and since they have two spinners and considering Aussies would have to bat last in this test its not looking all too good for the Aussies atm, so they would have to make sure they bat well in the 1st innings.

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
These two are batting very slowly now and thats bad for India.

Aus should clean these two up quickly and get into bat.

pasag

RTDAS
This is so frustrating, India play 5 bowlers and the tail wags! Their gamble pays of spectacularly and they haven't even gone out to bowl yet!

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Its going to be interesting to see what kind of purchase India's spinners get out of this surface.

India need as many runs as they can get in the first dig - because batting in the 2nd dig will be a lot more difficult.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deadset, dropped catches are the worst. The Kumble drop arguably the most damaging of them. One must wonder if Neilsen puts as much emphasis on fielding as previous coaches have, as I can't recall such a poor catching effort from Australia for quite some time (Ashes '05 excluded).

Salamuddin

International Debutant
lol gee... it was a v good decision to play Harbhajan instead of Jaffer..
India's decisions was a good one IMo. Of course, they could still lose the game from here but IMO.....they have nothing to lose. It doesn't matter if you lose 2-1 or 3-1. You might as well go all out foe the win.

social

I guess when Australia stop winning here, then they might think about it!
It's been horrible for years

Basically a batting contest with zero assistance for bowlers for 3 - 4 days - simply crap

Last year's Ashes test was typical - flaaaaaaaaaaaaaat followed by collapse brought about by England choke rather than deterioration in wicket

Salamuddin

International Debutant
It's been horrible for years

Basically a batting contest with zero assistance for bowlers for 3 - 4 days - simply crap

Last year's Ashes test was typical - flaaaaaaaaaaaaaat followed by collapse brought about by England choke rather than deterioration in wicket
But it has produced results though.

social

But it has produced results though.
Irrelevant IMO

Seriously, even if guaranteed free entrance, I would not walk across the road to watch the first 3 days of an Adelaide test because deck is totally stacked against the bowler

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Irrelevant IMO

Seriously, even if guaranteed free entrance, I would not walk across the road to watch the first 3 days of an Adelaide test because deck is totally stacked against the bowler
Yea, have to agree. It's no fun to watch team after team racking up 500 scores. If you score 500-550, you either need to bat extremely well, or the bowling side has to bowl badly (or both). It shouldn't be a 'par score'.