• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
How much international cricket do you follow, specifically teams not including Australia to say that Zaheer is crap? It's one thing to say Vaas>Zaheer, whilst silly it's a matter of opinion or whatever, but to say Zaheer is crap tells us that you're been bluffing here and don't really know what you're talking about.
hes not crap but hes not a top bowler, hes not one of the best bowler in world cricket

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
You mean Hussey wasn't out?......By the way you can look at Sachin's dismissal in the first innings....Are you saying umpires cost Australia this game? I can say with that decision umpires saved Australia from an innings defeat at Perth....
india would never beat australia by an innigs dont be silly

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Was there a hotspot for the Symonds wicket? Dad reckons he saw it, and that it showed nothing on the bat...did anyone else see it? Awesome win by India, great to see something other than a match dominated and/or won by Australia

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nobody here said that he is one of the best.....being a very good bowler and one of the best are two different things i guess.....
like i said before harbijan and kumble are top class spin bowlers would you say that zaheer is as good at pace bowling as they are at spin ?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dont see anyone here constituting that "WE"....:sleep:
Oh you didn't get him...He meant himself, the thunder bowler bowling at 170 kmph and 2nd greatest batsman ever in the history of the game who has just crossed 2000 runs in test cricket with all the centuries in the home soil were part of 'we'.

trickster

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
:laugh: Absolutely mate....But Bucknor does not prefer North pole conditions.....
Well, yeah, i assumed he didn't like the cold, the temperature must vary during each test i reckon, because when the aussies are batting it seems that his arm is so cold that it stays frozen at his side.
But when india are batting(or any other team for that matter), then the temperature must be way hotter, cause he seems to have more freedom in his arm and raises it frequently, quite often for no real reason at all.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And yet again trolls from both sides dire up a thread that should be celebrating another example of fantastic Test cricket.

FFS.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh you didn't get him...He meant himself, the thunder bowler bowling at 170 kmph and 2nd greatest batsman ever in the history of the game who has just crossed 2000 runs in test cricket with all the centuries in the home soil were part of 'we'.
the point of what i am saying is that india have gone over the top with there celebrations as they have achieved nothing at all

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, no. Already? What a bunch of BS.

There was an article by Robert Craddock I think as well, at the conclusion of the fourth or third days play saying much the same thing. I did not bother to read it. Premature, much (?) just about begins to cover it. Australian dominance to probably continue (dont see anyone yet consistently having their measure).
Quite right.

The stupidity in these articles is the bollocking given to the bowlers. I had to go through the card for CW purposes - Australia's bowlers took 20 wickets here on a flatter-than-expected track for 624 runs. It's not a pizzling, especially given the attack proved unsuited for the pitch on offer.

I feel desperately sorry for Tait - here he is bowling great early in the season, they pick him as 12th man (no drama there per se) then keep him around the team doing no meaningful bowling for 6 weeks before getting called up. No lessons learned here from the Bichel/ Kaspa/ Lee mistakes in the past. He should miss out for Hogg in Adelaide, but I frankly have no more idea as to whether he's a test prospect now than I did four days ago, as his chances of producing his best at that level is severely limited by his being picked with no work under his belt.

Frustrates the crap out of me - they manage Ponting, Gilly, Hayden et al by giving them time off so they're at their best - ffs, send a bowler to get some work at fc level and use Gary Pratt as 12th man!

The problem in this test was, as almost everyone here has said through the match, the 1st innings batting. Aside from that it was a line ball test match. India bowled very well in the first innings and full credit to them. The real difference was, however, that Tendulkar and Dravid selected their shots much better than our upper and middle orders did. I thought India's 1st innings bowling shaded ours, but it was not like it was many times better. Rather, their batsmen responded better to the challenge than ours did. It proved a crucial difference.

The media are big time lookign for controversy after the game. I heard Ponting on ABC being asked about whether, after Sydney, he considered the Indian celebrations today OTT. He handled it perfectly - said no way - people don't realise how much hard work it is to win a test, and they can celebrate any way they want. He said there was nothing wrong with the celebration, but that "No doubt someone in the media will try and make something out of it" Then he finished with a cracker "I always say that winners have a celebrations, losers usually have a meeting. I'm off to a meeting". Was very well handled.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was there a hotspot for the Symonds wicket? Dad reckons he saw it, and that it showed nothing on the bat...did anyone else see it? Awesome win by India, great to see something other than a match dominated and/or won by Australia
Yeah mate, there was an edge but it was hard to see first up. Symonds was disapponted but hardly OTT re showing any dissent. He walked straight off, as did Hussey. Full marks to both sides for that this test I would have thought.

pasag

RTDAS
the point of what i am saying is that india have gone over the top with there celebrations as they have achieved nothing at all
Serious? The T20 victory was nothing at all, this was a magnificent victory and the celebrations were completely justified.

The side has just beaten the best side in the world in their own backyard, the first side to do so in quite a few years and ending a winning streak that's gone on for two years. Not to mention everyone wrote off India before the match and you blame them for celebrating? Not to mention it's a Test match win, which quite frankly means a hell of a lot and I'm glad it means a lot to the players as well.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
He'd make it into any side in the world and I'd consider him in my world XI.

Rate him very highly and that comes, from y'know, watching him play.
iff he was that good than india would be a better side, they would of made the world cup

tboth lee and clark are better players then him

burr

State Vice-Captain
The media are big time lookign for controversy after the game. I heard Ponting on ABC being asked about whether, after Sydney, he considered the Indian celebrations today OTT. He handled it perfectly - said no way - people don't realise how much hard work it is to win a test, and they can celebrate any way they want. He said thee was nothing wrong with the celebration, but that "No doubt someone int he media will try and make something out of it" Then he finished with a cracker "I always say that winners have a celebrations, losers usually have a meeting. I'm off to a meeting". Was very well handled.
I heard that too; weird q, more channel 9 than abc.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel desperately sorry for Tait - here he is bowling great early in the season, they pick him as 12th man (no drama there per se) then keep him around the team doing no meaningful bowling for 6 weeks before getting called up. No lessons learned here from the Bichel/ Kaspa/ Lee mistakes in the past. He should miss out for Hogg in Adelaide, but I frankly have no more idea as to whether he's a test prospect now than I did four days ago, as his chances of producing his best at that level is severely limited by his being picked with no work under his belt.

Frustrates the crap out of me - they manage Ponting, Gilly, Hayden et al by giving them time off so they're at their best - ffs, send a bowler to get some work at fc level and use Gary Pratt as 12th man!
That's been said a bit in this thread, but there actually wasn't much if any first class cricket played in Australia between the first test against India and now. I don't actually think Tait missed any first class cricket due to twelfth man duties this summer. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
But dear why are you feeling bad seeing Indians celebrate without any real reason?.....Do we have to take permission from Australia before celebrating?