• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
thats all it is, iff you had of just won a series than i would give you credit but not for 1 win
We didn't want to be credited by you, did we?.....Who are you to give credit to players like Sachin, Kumble and Dravid?......Go and give credit to the bowler who bowls like a thunder (ball pitches outside the pitch though :) ) and your favourite Mr. Cricket (who has completed 2000 runs in test cricket, great achievement I must say :) ) and also those 3 umpires who have been offered honorary Australian citizenship :) .

jalaj4you

Cricket Spectator
Sorry but being an aussie i ahve high standards when it comes to cricket and i only give credit where credit is due, atm india have achieved absolutly nothing at all
Jokes apart, i respect u being an aussie and i respect the australian team for the monumental feats they have achieved (Just an opinion....Steve Waugh was a legend for me).....but the thing is ....here you are setting standards and giving credits...whereby.....IT DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL.........

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
india need to get over the umpires in that scg test, it was indias fault that tghey lost that game all they had to do was last 2 overs with 3 wickets left in hand.The umps cost australia thsi match but we except it its just part of cricket

trickster

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
india need to get over the umpires in that scg test, it was indias fault that tghey lost that game all they had to do was last 2 overs with 3 wickets left in hand.The umps cost australia thsi match but we except it its just part of cricket
And how could they last two overs when the umps gave their batsmen out when they weren't actually out?
The umps cost india that game.
And the indians have gotten over it, i believe they actually got over it by caning the aussies tonight...

jalaj4you

Cricket Spectator
Dont see anyone here constituting that "WE"....:sleep:

JBH001

International Regular
Haha, was wondering how long before people started questioning whether our dominance was over, and Peter English has got in nice and early.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/332276.html

"The end of the era came quickly."

*sign*
Oh, no. Already? What a bunch of BS.

There was an article by Robert Craddock I think as well, at the conclusion of the fourth or third days play saying much the same thing. I did not bother to read it. Premature, much (?) just about begins to cover it. Australian dominance to probably continue (dont see anyone yet consistently having their measure).

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
well "Done" mate.....:)
Thanks.....I think we should say well done to the Indian team not only for this test but for the previous 1 as well......I think the Indian supporters mustn't forget the effort made by the team in the previous test despite "only 1 team playing in the true spirit of the game" and.....you know what.

sideshowtim

Banned
Hahahaha. That's so perfect. Classic media reaction to an Australian loss, except it's so soon it's like a parody. Australia lost one test, to arguably the second best test side in the world, after already having retained the trophy, and having won 16 tests in a row over two years of cricket, and the "era has come to an end".

Classic stuff.

India played wonderful cricket and totally deserved to win, but it doesn't mean Australia are finished any more than losing 3-0 in New Zealand meant Australia were going to struggle in the World Cup. People shouldn't be so premature in passing judgement. I guess it gets hits though.
Yeah. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he had a bulk of that written a couple of months ago, waiting for Australia to lose and made slight adjustments to it.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
And how could they last two overs when the umps gave their batsmen out when they weren't actually out?
The umps cost india that game.
And the indians have gotten over it, i believe they actually got over it by caning the aussies tonight...
last 3 decissions were correct

jalaj4you

Cricket Spectator
Thanks.....I think we should say well done to the Indian team not only for this test but for the previous 1 as well......I think the Indian supporters mustn't forget the effort made by the team in the previous test despite "only 1 team playing in the true spirit of the game" and.....you know what.

yup i do know....:blink:

trickster

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
last 3 decissions were correct
Didn't you watch the game?
Seems to me that the umps made so many mistakes that they should been sent back to coach the lowest grade cricket possible in the closest cricket club to the north pole until they have actually learned the rules of cricket.

JBH001

International Regular
Hmmm, last 40 pages of thread reading have not been as good as I had hoped. A little woeful really.

Anyway, congratulations to the Indian and Australian teams on the most gripping, draining, and emotionally exhausting test match in my memory. Never seen anything like it. Fantastic standard of play from both sides. Just amazing, and wonderful to watch. This is why I love cricket, and test cricket especially. Best game in the world.

Kudos to the Indian fans here, and commiserations to the Australian fans.

Looking forward to the next test. Have no doubt Australia will come out roaring. Should be another ripper, whatever the result, although I doubt it can top this! :)

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to India on a thoroughly deserved win - they batted more intelligently, bowled more penatratively, and had a real spirit about their performance. After Sydney they could have let their heads drop and become demoralised, but instead they came to Perth hungry and motivated. Australia's dismal first innings performance cost them dear - we never truly recovered from 5/61 but a lot of credit must go to India's bowlers. Pathan came back into Test cricket superbly, Singh continued to pick up wickets as he has been doing, and Ishant Sharma is finally getting some luck and reaping the rewards for some superb bowling - this kid is something special, and at 19 the sky is the limit. Kumble, of course, was Kumble, and Sehwag did his best Symonds/Clarke impression.

Another great game of cricket, and thankfully played in excellent spirit by both sides. Roll on Adelaide.

pasag

RTDAS
you can laugh all you want ive been following cricket for about 10 years and i have all ready seen my side win 3 world cups, ive had more than my fair share of success
How much international cricket do you follow, specifically teams not including Australia to say that Zaheer is crap? It's one thing to say Vaas>Zaheer, whilst silly it's a matter of opinion or whatever, but to say Zaheer is crap tells us that you're been bluffing here and don't really know what you're talking about.

jalaj4you

Cricket Spectator
Didn't you watch the game?
Seems to me that the umps made so many mistakes that they should been sent back to coach the lowest grade cricket possible in the closest cricket club to the north pole until they have actually learned the rules of cricket.
:laugh: Absolutely mate....But Bucknor does not prefer North pole conditions.....

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
umpires cost australia this game just look at hussey and symonds decission
You mean Hussey wasn't out?......By the way you can look at Sachin's dismissal in the first innings....Are you saying umpires cost Australia this game? I can say with that decision umpires saved Australia from an innings defeat at Perth....