• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

howardj

International Coach
WACA seems to be the ground for the Shakespearean tragedy of the one-test wonder.

Wayne Phillips and Chris Rogers.

Any others?

Slow Love™

International Captain
Need so many things to go right in chasing a big total like this and one of them was that the opposition doesn't bowl all that well. India haven't obliged and it's really been their match all the way through.
Of course, and IMO we were probably out of this match long ago. Maybe Clarke was just thinking about his century, but I like to think they were having a go, so I just didn't understand the approach. Now Johnson is batting more aggressively, and I think that's what should have been happening. As it was, his intention appeared to be to hold up an end, and Clarke obviously felt the self-imposed pressure, and charged Kumble before he'd released the ball.

All a bit moot anyway, I suppose, and I don't want to be too critical as the game pretty much was next to gone. Just wondered what the plan was.