• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I haven't seen Clarke's dismissal - I really want to. Does anyone know why he didn't walk? That is too weird. I have to admit I was surprised - and very pleased - that Ponting walked.

This has been an awesome test match - I hope they set 260 (don't think they will - too scared of the Indian batsman). Oh well I hope somehow there is a way for India to win but they have to go at 5 or 6 an over and someone (pref. VVS and Tendulkar) produce stunning knocks that give them the win. 1-1 going into Perth, the streak ended by superb performances - nothing could be better. If rain destroys it I'll be very upset.
Mate he had no choice for his dismisal, it would be akin to not walking when bowled. :laugh:

Clarke's was more hilarious than anything. One of the most ridiculous things I've seen him do.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What a player...what a champ...Matty Hayden.

Now one of the few top tier batsmen to have played so many tests and have more 100s than 50s. Has played 52 tests less than Tendulkar but trails by only 8 centuries. More impressive when you factor in his 92 tests, there was a period of 17 tests (I think) where he didn't get a single century.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think this test has confirmed how under-prepared indian team was before first test.
They had almost no playing time on these condition's before that match and they took
a test match to prepare themselves and they could not try out their players specially bowlers and sehwag.
This is all due to money making ways of BCCI.
Even before third test Indians are playing a two day match at canberra which in reality should be a three day match at perth.

pup11

International Coach
Mate he had no choice for his dismisal, it would be akin to not walking when bowled. :laugh:

Clarke's was more hilarious than anything. One of the most ridiculous things I've seen him do.
Yup once Harbhajan got Ponting out he just wanted to make sure that he gets out from there ASAP, because i think nothing more irritates Punter than getting out to Harbhajan.
As for Clarke i think something is just not right with that bloke, Pup normally is superb against spin but his dismissals in this test and him standing his ground after getting out today just so unlike Clarkey.
Has he had a break-up with Miss Bingle or something?? :naughty:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yup once Harbhajan got Ponting out he just wanted to make sure that he gets out from there ASAP, because i think nothing more irritates Punter than getting out to Harbhajan.
As for Clarke i think something is just not right with that bloke, Pup normally is superb against spin but his dismissals in this test and him standing his ground after getting out today just so unlike Clarkey.
Has he had a break-up with Miss Bingle or something?? :naughty:
He was maybe expecting another favour from bucknor.but this time even Bucknor was embarassed to give it not out.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I don't get how people think that Clarke was standing his ground as in "I'm not out". Watching him I thought he was just shocked and disappointed, and kinda rooted to the spot, until he was eventually sent on his way. There is absolutely no way he didn't know he had hit it, or could have thought anyone would think that he hadn't hit it. I think he was just stunned, rather than trying to convince the umpire he wasn't out - because NO-ONE is that stupid, including Clarke.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno Matt, looked like he was waiting for Bucknor's finger to go up. Although Slats' explanation that he waited because he knew Roy wouldn't have been padded up and wanted to give him a few extra seconds is possible too.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Dunno Matt, looked like he was waiting for Bucknor's finger to go up. Although Slats' explanation that he waited because he knew Roy wouldn't have been padded up and wanted to give him a few extra seconds is possible too.
Yeah, but I think it was cause he was shocked/shattered as opposed to trying to pull something. I think he would have walked had, for some unknowable reason, Bucknor not given him - but it just would have taken him another second to snap out of his paralysis.

But of course, that's just speculation on my part. Unless Clarke comes out and explains why he paused, we'll never know for sure what, if anything, he was thinking. But I repeat, I find it inconceivable he was trying to bluff his way out of that - noone could think an umpire could make such a bad mistake. Or he had some kind of brain explosion and was trying to make some kind of smart-ass point which was obviously lost on all of us who weren't temporarily insane. 8-)

Last edited:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain

Maybe its just me, but those bat/pad dismissals are hard to diciphere if the bat actually hit ball. Pads now days are suposed to have some anti-bounce foam, but I often see balls fizzing all over the joint.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I'm optimistic we can save this one if it comes to that. Rahul and Sachin showed plenty of ticker out there.

It's just a matter of Jaffer, Dhoni and Yuvi stepping up. Ah, bugger it no chance then. :laugh:
Any score above 275 requires Dhoni and Yvraj to open. :ph34r: