• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah true, but Chris Gayle could stride up to the crease wearing only a pair of polka dot boxer shorts and still look cool bowling.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The "bad light" laws, ffs, change them or something. That's 3 day out of 4 they've gone off because of "bad light" when it was clearly safe enough to be playing cricket.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
The "bad light" laws, ffs, change them or something. That's 3 day out of 4 they've gone off because of "bad light" when it was clearly safe enough to be playing cricket.
Safe enough? By what standard?

Fading light - red ball - Lee and Johnson bowling 140+.

bond21

Banned
Mark Nicholas.

Hes basically commentating so they have a pretty face to slowly take over from richie in front of camera.

He didnt even play test cricket for god's sake, how he's commentating is beyond me. He's probably got the least credibility on the commentary team and hes taking over, weak.

Not too fond of his accent either.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Also, I'm not sure if it grinds my gears, but I put forth, to the members of CW - bowlers who wear sunglasses while bowling - too cool for school or just irratitng?
lol I remember Gillespie doing it once, in the test against the Windies at Perth in 00/01.

bond21

Banned
Someone bumped this up so I might as well furnish it.

1. That stupid, pompous, joggy, bouncy running thing that the Australian fielders do

2. The overhead clapt Ponting and Hayden do

Also, I'm not sure if it grinds my gears, but I put forth, to the members of CW - bowlers who wear sunglasses while bowling - too cool for school or just irratitng?
People who can't spell

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mark Nicholas.

Hes basically commentating so they have a pretty face to slowly take over from richie in front of camera.

He didnt even play test cricket for god's sake, how he's commentating is beyond me. He's probably got the least credibility on the commentary team and hes taking over, weak.

Not too fond of his accent either.
Yeah, the best cricketers always make the best commentators don't they? 8-)

Craig

World Traveller
Bowlers throwing the ball back to the keeper straight at the batsman:

You know the scene when a batsman plays the ball back to the bowler and he decides to pelt it back to the keeper where the batsman is standing, trying toget him to move. Or if you are watching the India and Pakistan Test Danish Kaneria did it 10 minutes ago to Rahul Dravid. This has to be the most pointless time wasting exercises out there when a bowler trys and does this rubbish of trowing the ball at the batsman. What is more worse is when the piss weak batsman runs away. FFS if said bowler is going to do that rubbish then the batsman should just stand there and hit the ball away in another direction then, as he is IMO well within his rights to do so. Bowlers should stop wasting our time and go back and figure on how he is going to get said batsman out because him going back to the crease is the greatest victory of them all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bowlers throwing the ball back to the keeper straight at the batsman:

You know the scene when a batsman plays the ball back to the bowler and he decides to pelt it back to the keeper where the batsman is standing, trying toget him to move. Or if you are watching the India and Pakistan Test Danish Kaneria did it 10 minutes ago to Rahul Dravid. This has to be the most pointless time wasting exercises out there when a bowler trys and does this rubbish of trowing the ball at the batsman. What is more worse is when the piss weak batsman runs away. FFS if said bowler is going to do that rubbish then the batsman should just stand there and hit the ball away in another direction then, as he is IMO well within his rights to do so. Bowlers should stop wasting our time and go back and figure on how he is going to get said batsman out because him going back to the crease is the greatest victory of them all.
Haha, AWTA completely. Makes sense if it's the last ball of the over, but that's it. Total waste of time otherwise. Remember when Martyn clipped the ball down to the fine-leg boundary when Harmison threw it back at him, most people were pretty surprised but if people did that more then this rubbish would soon stop.

What's pretty well every bit as annoying is when fielders throw the ball at the stumps needlessly when there's no chance of a run-out. Waste of time and an utterly needless risk of overthrows. Get the ball back to the bowler as soon as you damn well can unless there's a genuine chance of a run-out. 8-)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hate it when people talk about Damien Martyn, always catches my eye and I think they are talking about me. I saw "remember when martyn" and I was like WHEN THE HELL DID I THROW THE BALL BACK TO THE KEEPER?!?!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh:

Was it the same with Nigel?

(Who incidentally was my all-time 2nd-favourite goalkeeper after Schmeichel)