• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Is it the BBC using predictable puns in their headlines or England selecting dodgy keepers whose batting isn't that much better that grinds those gears? :unsure:

One of my own while I'm here:

The whole world & his arse announcing the death of Australian cricket when they lose a game.

It really irks me because not only is it untrue but it also somehow downgrades the achievement of the team that's finally managed to beat them. Sorry fellas, you can't celebrate winning the Ashes 'cos secretly Australia have been a bit ****e all the way along.

I know Punter is rather graceless in victory on occasion & Clarke is rather keener on the "one hand, one bounce" rule than most test players, but it's quite a leap from that to say Australia are dire/on the way down.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Ancient threads being dragged out of oblivion for people like me to complain about their being dragged out of oblivion:ph34r: :ph34r:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Is it the BBC using predictable puns in their headlines or England selecting dodgy keepers whose batting isn't that much better that grinds those gears? :unsure:

The whole world & his arse announcing the death of Australian cricket when they lose a game.

It really irks me because not only is it untrue but it also somehow downgrades the achievement of the team that's finally managed to beat them. Sorry fellas, you can't celebrate winning the Ashes 'cos secretly Australia have been a bit ****e all the way along.

I know Punter is rather graceless in victory on occasion & Clarke is rather keener on the "one hand, one bounce" rule than most test players, but it's quite a leap from that to say Australia are dire/on the way down.
Yerr, that's true. This sort of stuff usually precedes Australia generally owning everyone for a while as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hahahaha, was going to ask that exact question.

Well, it's not exactly a secret some Australia players were down on the usual in 2005.

But yeah, it's one of those things that got old a fair while ago.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't actually call myself a New Zealand cricket supporter as such, though, and my fondness of players such of Franklin, Mills and Sinclair has more to do with how they play the game and their styles as cricketers than the fact that they're Kiwis. I get that a bit here, though - new members often think I'm a New Zealander or a South African at first.
TBH, I've been called a fan\hater of pretty much every cricketing country going around in my time on cricket forums.

People like you and me are fairly unusual in that we follow all countries religiously, rather than our own religiously and others loosely.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People like you and me are fairly unusual in that we follow all countries religiously, rather than our own religiously and others loosely.
Would like to think I'm one of those too, TBH. Usually get involved with discussion about most countries, and some of the less popular ones too.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I have to rant:

Rain delaying Muralitharan getting his 709th wicket:

WTF is wrong with you rain? You trying to spite us? When Muralitharan is on the verge of getting the world record back and with Sidebottom having no idea you just couldn't wait and had to start raining to which it delays play and means that some people like myself and plenty others won't get get to see it happen in all likelyhood. It pisses me off no end when rain interrupts cricket, especially when something special was almost set to happen.

Having cricket on three different channels at the same time:

Such a luxery and yet I don't know to watch? I have India and Pakistan, Sri Lanka and England and South Africa and New Zealand, how am I meant to watch all three at the same time? Ah bugger it India and Pakistan will do.

Deadset worst couple of rants ever.. Moaning about a natural phenomenon that would make us all die if it wasn't there, and having a lot of something you like..

Langeveldt

Soutie

Haha yeah agreed

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, just "not serious". Anyways I thought that was mildly funny.

And I have substantial evidence that occasionally he rants in jest.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
In fairness to the prosecution, it's typically two hands. :p

Anyhow:

Stupid Proposed Solutions to Everyday (or at least Every-Series) Problems

Sack the captain. Sack the umpire. Sack anyone. Issue a blanket ban. Remove their Test status. It's never happened before and it's not going to anytime soon in a game of big money and bilateral decisions, so what makes your preening, deadline-pandering ass think it's gunna happen this time because of two wickets off no-balls or a player running his mouth before a match, God forbid? Because you say so, that's why.

FFS. Get something to write about that's worthwhile, or - dare I say it? - promotes the game, instead of calling for the bloody tea lady's sacking if the coffee curdles during the Lord's Test. Just because your opinion's in a nationwide publication doesn't mean people take seriously the **** you couldn't serve up without Microsoft Word synonyms.

(Mainly directed at Roebuck and Pierik, but I think there's a little bit of the wowser journo in all of us.)