• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Choose ONE all-rounder for the all-time ODI XI

Choose ONE allrounder for the all-time ODI XI

• Lance Klusener

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Shaun Pollock

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Andrew Flintoff

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Imran Khan

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Jacques Kallis

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Sanath Jayasuriya

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Abdul Razzaq

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kapil Dev

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Richard Hadlee

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"Styris is a batting all rounder, Cairns was a pure all rounder. Simple really."

The thing is, how many 'pure' all-rounders are there? Sobers wasn't one by your criteria.

If defining all-rounders as people who are very skilled at one thing and also very adequate to very skilled at another thing, then it is very close between Styris and Cairns IMO.
Sobers was the best all rounder there has ever beeb, no point bringing him into the equation. What I meant was that Cairns was good enough to be selected solely as a batsman or solely as a bowler, whereas Styris would come nowhere close to the team as a bowler.

bagapath

International Captain
went for imran. flintoff could become an automatic choice if he continues to maintains his record till the end of his career.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Voted for Klusner
didn't see imran's name there early other wise my pick was imran not only for his bating and bowling but for his captaincy also..

oz_fan

International Regular
Shaun Pollock - probably the most accomplished bowler on the list. An econimical bowler and hard hitting batsmen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I voted for Hadlee although I would rather him bat at 8 or 9, with another guy who can bat and perhaps bowl a few overs at 7.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wasim could probably bat above Hadlee if you wanted.
Yeah he could, the side just doesn't seem balanced having Wasim and Hadlee at 7 and 8. I know the top 6 are awesome batsmen but I'd like them to both bat one spot lower.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah he could, the side just doesn't seem balanced having Wasim and Hadlee at 7 and 8. I know the top 6 are awesome batsmen but I'd like them to both bat one spot lower.
It would add a bit more for team balance and usually the wicket keeper would be batting at #7. However since Gilchrist is an opener in ODI cricket then the all rounder spot is freed up at #7 for somebody who bowl 10 overs and also bat his side out of trouble or capitalise on a good position. Hadlee doesn't have the best batting stats in limited overs cricket, but guys like Kapil and Imran are both very impressive.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would have to be either Imran or one of the SAfricans, but I honestly wouldn't like to call... so have to vote Dasa again, TBH.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
If he's going to bat No 7 in this team, it has to be someone who is used to bating there. which rules out Sanath and Kallis. I ruled out Imran for the same reason I didn't vote for Garner in the bowling, so it came down to the two Saffies. For his finishing ability I vote for Klusner.