• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 1-8 July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (Milestones & Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey & Inzamam & Saj & Sobers)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting & Bradman)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Fiery (Skull)

Come on there must be someone who want to be a judge

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: no award this week

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Ash_A55 for this click here , interesting, surprised at some of the quality bowling our members have faced:cool:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: andyc click here :laugh: Love it, does anyone have a link to G. Gooch doing impressions of Hogg and other bowlers?

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Perm yes, it's that man again... Perm. Has been everywhere like pretty much no-one else is, as so often.

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Pup Clarke for this click here , I just hope Neil Pickup does not see his grammar :ph34r:

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: FRAZ click here did make some sense, but in that inimitable FRAZ style, it confuddled all but the speaker one feels.:wacko:

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: wpdavid we do love it when David Lewis (wpdavid) posts, because it's usually quality. Real shame he's had to leave the Staff, and hopefully we'll see him back someday.

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: no award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
headhunter a good start to his CW career:happy:

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no awards this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: Gloucefan for this click here , Saj... I do hate it when people put "rant over" at the end of a post, makes me feel silly giving it a Saj, but Gloucefan, still had to get the Award.

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: no award this week

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: Turbinator for this click here , no comment on this little gem :ph34r:

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha at this week's FIAB, champion. And well done to everyone who won summat... my selection comprised very much a "the usual suspects" case. Good stuff. :thumbup1:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Disagree. It's been a bit quiet of late, there have been a few more no-Awards than usual, but like most things these things go in fits-and-starts.

I blame the lack of really good cricket of late (Eng-WI fell very short in the Test series, and during the ODIs, which were actually pretty reasonable, hardly anyone seemed to post :mellow: ) personally. Hopefully things'll pick-up big-time in the Eng-Ind Test series.

Never know, you might even win some Afridis.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are the milestones? I finally crossed 500! (took me months but that's another story...)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think there's been some communication problems with Rob (Prince EWS), hopefully he'll edit in if he has anything to add.

pasag

RTDAS
Abit disappointed at no Afridi. There should be one every week imo.

Congrats to all the winners.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was almost tempting to give you a Bicknell, TBH, but thought it'd be a bit too ****stirring like. ;)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you believe that usertiles for Best Post of the Week (Afridi), Best Poster of the Week (Bradman) and Most Knowledgeable Poster of the Week (Sir Geoffery) would be a good idea.

Slightly off topic but if I wrote an article about the past year of Irfan Pathan (writing it this Friday) could it go on the front page please (obviously if it is oked by one of you).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Do you believe that usertiles for Best Post of the Week (Afridi), Best Poster of the Week (Bradman) and Most Knowledgeable Poster of the Week (Sir Geoffery) would be a good idea.
Nah, that'd be too much work, really, can't expect the boss to go around changing everyone's user-titles every week. In any case, the Awards aren't officially endorsed by CW management, if that was to be done they very much would be.
Slightly off topic but if I wrote an article about the past year of Irfan Pathan (writing it this Friday) could it go on the front page please (obviously if it is oked by one of you).
Certainly could, we have a "guest article" facility which you can access by emailing news@cricketweb.net. Here's one such example. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, that'd be too much work, really, can't expect the boss to go around changing everyone's user-titles every week. In any case, the Awards aren't officially endorsed by CW management, if that was to be done they very much would be.

Certainly could, we have a "guest article" facility which you can access by emailing news@cricketweb.net. Here's one such example. :)
The first part of your post makes perfect sense and the second...fantastic

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perm reaches those parts that other members just can't reach... :thumbup:
Asking to be naughtied TBH.

Thanks to the awards team and congratulations to all the winners, I'm very proud to win another Sobers. Wouldn't mind seeing how many of them I've got now actually. I seen a couple of possible Afridi candidates so I'll go and find them today and nominate them for next week.