• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd have to disagree with you there.
i'm afraid i side with halsey here, how anyone could ever have imagined eric djemba-djemba having the potential to suceed roy keane is just staggering....there was little to suggest he would do more than be a stopgap as halsey has previously suggested.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Interested to see how Torres goes TBH. That's quite a lot to pay for someone unproven in the English game. Better Liverpool than us IMO. They have a bit more quality than Atletico so we'll see how the he'll score more with better players argument goes.
i'd been very surprised if he scores more than 12 premiership goals in his first season, this will be a huge test for torres, the physical side of the english game has proven to be too much for many spanish players and it will be interesting to see how well he kopes with it...a very difficult year for him one expects..

Craig

World Traveller
Aston Villa sign Nigel Reo-Coker, West Ham sign Richard Wright on a free from Everton, Tottenham's bottomless pitt of money spending continues with the signing of Younes Kaboul from Auxerre, while Villa have sold Steven Davis to Fulham, one cap wonder Chris Sutton has retired from football due to an eye problem, Portsmouth sign Arnold Mvuemba from Rennes on a permanent basis and last but not least Chelsea hope sign Florent Malouda for around £13.5million from Lyon. How many wingers do they need?

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
looks like teves is going to united
Full Story:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475582&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Tevez+'agrees'+United+deal

Agent TBY

International Captain
Bellamy goes to West Ham.

The Hammers are reported to have paid £8m for the Wales international on a four-year deal on £75,000 a week.

Sigh. So much money has been wasted on that prick, it's unbelievable.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Bellamy goes to West Ham.

The Hammers are reported to have paid £8m for the Wales international on a four-year deal on £75,000 a week.

Sigh. So much money has been wasted on that prick, it's unbelievable.
Haha So true, probably one of the most overrated players ever IMO. Ok he does have Pace, but doesn't do much else tbh.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha So true, probably one of the most overrated players ever IMO. Ok he does have Pace, but doesn't do much else tbh.
Intelligence? No seriously Bellamy is a pretty decent footballer. His touch is not great but he has good movement and his learnt to read the lines pretty well. £75,000 is a lot of money a week but Lucas Neil is on a similar figure I believe and when you compare Bellamy to the likes of Marlon Harwood, Carlton Cole, Bobby Zamora, his different planet. Should do well alongside Ashton.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Completely disagree tbh. When on song (which doesn't happen that often) he can be extremely good and his finishing can be brilliant. He seems to go through spells of alot of goals then he would go 10 or 15 games without a goal. Very much a form player but a bloody good one when on form.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Completely disagree tbh. When on song (which doesn't happen that often) he can be extremely good and his finishing can be brilliant. He seems to go through spells of alot of goals then he would go 10 or 15 games without a goal. Very much a form player but a bloody good one when on form.
As seen in the season of 2005/6.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
i'd been very surprised if he scores more than 12 premiership goals in his first season, this will be a huge test for torres, the physical side of the english game has proven to be too much for many spanish players and it will be interesting to see how well he kopes with it...a very difficult year for him one expects..
Coupled with the fact that Fernando isn’t an out and out goal scorer. Anyone who has seen Torres knows that he has a penchant for missing complete and utter sitters at a given. Good player but the likes of David Villa may have been a better option. Although, Liverpool still haven’t addressed their wide situation as yet, so whoever plays up top won’t have the best of service.

However, God knows how many central midfielders Benitez wants, currently has about five good to excellent CM's Xabi, Mascherano, Gerrard, Sissoko and now boy Lucas.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Coupled with the fact that Fernando isn’t an out and out goal scorer. Anyone who has seen Torres knows that he has a penchant for missing complete and utter sitters at a given.
Savo!

Shout that at my Villa fan mate whenever he misses sitters during kickabouts, just seems to fit so well given how he was.

Craig

World Traveller
Coupled with the fact that Fernando isn’t an out and out goal scorer. Anyone who has seen Torres knows that he has a penchant for missing complete and utter sitters at a given. Good player but the likes of David Villa may have been a better option. Although, Liverpool still haven’t addressed their wide situation as yet, so whoever plays up top won’t have the best of service.

However, God knows how many central midfielders Benitez wants, currently has about five good to excellent CM's Xabi, Mascherano, Gerrard, Sissoko and now boy Lucas.
Didn't Mark Gonzalez get sold and I know Bolo Zenden has left.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Oh as did Cisse but that was a given and it seems Reyes is going to stay in Madrid. What about Baptista now....