• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** South Africa v India in Ireland

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
To watch Sharma and Chawla? I know I'll wake up in the middle of Friday night to get my dose of cricket. Been a while tbh.
Yeah it seriously has, can't wait tbh. Especially with the summer holidays starting after this week for me.

The last time I woke up in the middle of the night to watch some good cricket was the South Africa tour. Since then there hasn't been much to watch.

pup11

International Coach
That is one of the main reasons I'll be paying attention TBH.
But i think Sharma and Chawla would only play against Ireland, i am also looking forward to see how do the next gen South African players perform in this short odi series.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Ireland is a separate nation. In political terms and since they choose to in cricketing terms. Not so hard to get. Their players don't aspire to play for England but since they can't play test cricket or doesn't really much get money playing for Ireland they have to play for England; which is likely to change in terms of money a bit and will change a whole lot if they get test status which again can be achievement even if they don't have test quality players due to them playing for England. Much more things to test status than playing standards. A lot of the associates don't have a structure which goes back to not having the funds for it which like I said above, needs them have ODI status for them to move forward. And they do have a system going for the Under 16s etc which they won in all the levels in the european championships.
how hard is it for ye all to understand ireland is a seperate nation!!!
ireland and scotland deserve to be seperate cricketing nations!!
espically ireland because it IS a seperate country!!!

ireland also deserves its One Day status for beating pakistan and bangladesh.

so i would have to agree with LA ICE E

pup11

International Coach
Seconded. I was beginning to think he was gone for good.

Great to see you back Pup. :)
Thanks Princey, but i won't ever leave CW i just love to be here with you guys and i also missed all you guys but i was just a bit busy with my studies.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Excepted South African XI for Ireland...

van Wyk
AB
Kallis- Captain
Gibbs
JP
Boucher
Philander
Hall
Steyn
Nel
Thandi

Other than the side featuring three genuine wicket keepers in the side (an international first?), the side doesn't look all that bad. Steyn, JP, Philander, van Wyk and Thandi are likely to feature in all four games.

According to coach Mickey Arthur, Vernon 'Pro' Philander is going to be competing against either Johan van der Wath or current Kolpak cricketer Ryan McLaren as the deputy for Shaun Pollock's all-rounder position. Pollock, is going to be rested for a few games or indeed series South Africa will play in the next coming year, so the plan is for his eventual successor to have sufficient time to prepare and fit into his role.

South Africa are also planning on using a spinner 'full-time' in ODI cricket, so Thandi has his chance to impress. Johan Botha, had his opportunity in Asia whilst Paul Harris is likely to be ‘trailed’ later this year, although, his inability to field or bat to a standard which is acceptable, could hold him back.

South Africa’s schedule for 2007/8 is immense with away tours to Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and England, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise if a rotation policy seen in the test series against India and Pakistan is used once more.

Last edited:

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Which TV channel airing this in the UK

I have checked SKY and they are not showing ireland series. Anyone got clue????