• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Moderators Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just my opinion ffs. Would prefer it if you did put me ignore actually Perm if you're going to be like that...particularly after I went out of my way to recommend you for this position. I'll put it down to your hormones again, I guess :dry:
It's all well and good having your reservations about a particular member or moderator, but I don't think it was appropriate to voice them in that way. PF and Jamee are very good contributors to this site and they are probably quite nervous about how they will be received by the CW community, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you were at least willing to give them a chance before slagging them off. Your recommendation is irrelevant to this TBH.

Fiery

Banned
It's all well and good having your reservations about a particular member or moderator, but I don't think it was appropriate to voice them in that way. PF and Jamee are very good contributors to this site and they are probably quite nervous about how they will be received by the CW community, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you were at least willing to give them a chance before slagging them off. Your recommendation is irrelevant to this TBH.
ah, stop being so precious

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No. I just think it's strange that James has employed 14 year old kids to run his website. You haven't earned the right to do anything at 14 imo. 14 year olds boys are generally the most juvenial, irresponsible and objectional human beings there are...(I know I was). Thought this website had more class tbh. The way it's going the website will be covered in pictures of people's genitalia :dry:
James hasn't employed anyone. No one gets paid for their jobs on here, Fiery.

the most juvenial, irresponsible and objectional human beings there are...(I know I was)
Some would say that description still applies to you today :p :ph34r:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I take offence to your comments Fiery. You have absolutely no idea what the history of the site is, and how we run things, so I would keep offensive comments like that to yourself in future!

Just because you were a juvenial, irresponsible and objectional human being at 14 doesn't mean everyone is/was.

I would class both PF and Jamee as more mature than a lot of members on the site and they have more than earnt the moderator positions they now sit in.

If you don't like it, just leave!

Fiery

Banned
I take offence to your comments Fiery. You have absolutely no idea what the history of the site is, and how we run things, so I would keep offensive comments like that to yourself in future!

Just because you were a juvenial, irresponsible and objectional human being at 14 doesn't mean everyone is/was.

I would class both PF and Jamee as more mature than a lot of members on the site and they have more than earnt the moderator positions they now sit in.

If you don't like it, just leave!
Hey, it's your website, I was just expressing my surprise at the decision and offering my opinion on it. If you take offence to it then so be it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey, it's your website, I was just expressing my surprise at the decision and offering my opinion on it. If you take offence to it then so be it.
This isn't a medium for offering your opinion on the appointments though. If you take issue with them, email James. If you just want to gossip and judge, email someone else. Talking about PhoenixFire as if he can't read your posts in here is not on though - there's enough pressure on him already, being a new mod on a big forum at a young age (presumably for the first time), without people openly doubting his credentials and essentially saying he shouldn't be there.

I wouldn't have had a clue that he was fourteen if people hadn't mentioned it, so I don't see why it's really an issue in the first place. Judging by his posts as a member, I'm sure he'll do as good a job as the other mods, regardless of his age. It's not really an issue so please stop making it one.

Fiery

Banned
This isn't a medium for offering your opinion on the appointments though. If you take issue with them, email James. If you just want to gossip and judge, email someone else. Talking about PhoenixFire as if he can't read your posts in here is not on though - there's enough pressure on him already, being a new mod on a big forum at a young age (presumably for the first time), without people openly doubting his credentials and essentially saying he shouldn't be there.

I wouldn't have had a clue that he was fourteen if people hadn't mentioned it, so I don't see why it's really an issue in the first place. Judging by his posts as a member, I'm sure he'll do as good a job as the other mods, regardless of his age. It's not really an issue so please stop making it one.
ok

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why is this thread still open ? This is not something that should be up for any discussion or debate.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is this thread still open ? This is not something that should be up for any discussion or debate.
Fair point, but people have still been coming in to congratulate the new moderators up until the last page or so which is why it was opened originally I presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.