• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
A second batting net won't contribute anything at all to secondaries. Say you've got a 17yo, a fielding net will add around 1/15 of a level to concentration and consistency. A batting net will add around 1/15 of a level to concentration. But the batting and fielding net are independent of each other, you don't get more from one because you have the other and vice versa (that's my theory on it anyway). Personally I wouldn't bother with fielding nets with non-allrounders unless there's a serious deficiency (like someone is quality-feeble or something), but even then it would be a low priority net.
OK, I thought that the 2nd batting nets would give diminished returns on their secondaries too thus making it not as good as a fielding net but makes up some of it?!

And Nath, as SP says, I wouldn't bother with the fielding net unless there is a big gap between the secondary and the primary skill because the primary has (I think) about 3 times the effect of the secondary.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and in case anyone cares I'll probably sell this guy in a week (unless there's a goodish bowler going for good price in the meantime):

Gordon Terry (59288)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 11,950
Wages: £3,364 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Will probably set the price for 1.5m, something along those lines. Hopefully get an early bid so it'll give me 4.5m to spend on a bowler (aiming for a remarkable medium pacer, preferably older).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
A second batting net won't contribute anything at all to secondaries. Say you've got a 17yo, a fielding net will add around 1/15 of a level to concentration and consistency. A batting net will add around 1/15 of a level to concentration. But the batting and fielding net are independent of each other, you don't get more from one because you have the other and vice versa (that's my theory on it anyway). Personally I wouldn't bother with fielding nets with non-allrounders unless there's a serious deficiency (like someone is quality-feeble or something), but even then it would be a low priority net.
PY said:
OK, I thought that the 2nd batting nets would give diminished returns on their secondaries too thus making it not as good as a fielding net but makes up some of it?!

And Nath, as SP says, I wouldn't bother with the fielding net unless there is a big gap between the secondary and the primary skill because the primary has (I think) about 3 times the effect of the secondary.
Cheers. :) Might just have a fielding net with others for my all-rounder, and then multiple batting or bowling nets for others.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Nope, you get nothing at all from the second primary (or fielding net) secondary-wise. That's why I'm generally against a second primary nets in a lot of situations.

PY

International Coach
Fair enough, guess that's why a lot of people have some pretty unbalanced players kicking about with huge primaries and no secondaries. *ahem* Herbert *ahem*

Philip Carey (824806)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Boggles
Battrick Rating: 10,034
Wages: £2,488 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: woeful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

How far might this guy be from popping SP? & for reference, what are the superb wage boundaries?

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Glen Rhodes - 21 yo, BT Rating=19,403
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Irfan Umar - 20 yo, BT Rating=33,062
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: respectable

Munawwar Hasham - 18 yo, BT Rating=12,522
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Pleased with thems.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Nope, you get nothing at all from the second primary (or fielding net) secondary-wise. That's why I'm generally against a second primary nets in a lot of situations.
I think it says something like that in the BT rules. BTW, Scaly, I'd definitely have put a bid in on that batsman of yours...if he wasn't attacking. Hope you get your cash.

RoMojo - I'm SURE I've come across you recently (fnirk)...possibly on the Sledging boards? Or maybe I bid on one of your players. Anyway, a primary is a primary because it's the first skill you look at for a particular type of player - you're never going to stick someone in your team just because his stamina or batting or consistency or concentration is great. Even Jonty Rhodes could bat a bit ;)

Adam - that sounds completely against the Spirit Of Cricket! Definitely dodgy, and I'm a bit ashamed that the manager of my NT is doing that sort of thing - surely that's one that you GMs have to make a policy for?

PY

International Coach
you're never going to stick someone in your team just because his stamina or batting or consistency or concentration is great. Even Jonty Rhodes could bat a bit ;)
Even Brian Lara might struggle to get into your team then. :happy:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Adam - that sounds completely against the Spirit Of Cricket! Definitely dodgy, and I'm a bit ashamed that the manager of my NT is doing that sort of thing - surely that's one that you GMs have to make a policy for?
Yeah, I've raised it in the national managers forum. There aren't really any clearly defined rules for the national teams at the moment, which is why teams can go listing bots and throwing matches at will...

Scaly piscine

Fair enough, guess that's why a lot of people have some pretty unbalanced players kicking about with huge primaries and no secondaries. *ahem* Herbert *ahem*

Philip Carey (824806)
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Boggles
Battrick Rating: 10,034
Wages: £2,488 p/w
Batting: strong Concentration: woeful

How far might this guy be from popping SP? & for reference, what are the superb wage boundaries?
According to the formula superb is £3,337- £5,370. I figure that might be a bit on the high side personally tho. Anyway you're probably looking at another 9-10 weeks on one net since the wage was recalculated.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Karl August - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,415
LH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable

cricketboy29

International Regular
Scaly, would you mind giving me the remarkable wage boundaries? somewhere around 8,000 bucks right?

Grady Gedye - 18 yo, BT Rating=20,303
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: respectable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble

One pop for me. Alright with that...

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Hitesh pops after just one week.

Vijay Hitish - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,044
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Training from yesterday:

Charlie Allen - 20 yo, BT Rating=66,924
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, moderate
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

Kamlesh Padayachie - 18 yo, BT Rating=16,702
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

ash chaulk

International Captain
pop pop pop for Wainwright number 2

Austin Wainwright - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,601
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

Pop for Coates

1. Kris Coates - 19 yo, BT Rating=22,991
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: proficient Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble

Status
Not open for further replies.