• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
However, one positive note is that my whole team now has a BT rating of over 10k. :)
Damn, beat me to it! I'm sitting at 10 out of 11 - that'll change once I splash the cash, though.

In other news, last week's YP has popped already - I knew he was close :)

Keith Fish - 17yo, BT Rating 6,089
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, proficient bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Today's YP (well, yesterday evening's really):

Andrew Katleho - 17yo, BT Rating 3,147
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Pulled with the same ITS distribution as Mr. Fish, above. Listed somewhat hopefully for £111,111.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had 11 players over 10k BTR a month ago... so there. Only one pop for me...

Rich Pace - 22 yo, BT Rating=25,495
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: proficient
Fielding: mediocre

Agent TBY

International Captain
Just the one pop:

Sunil Chanderpaul - 18 yo, BT Rating=12,774
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: worthless

PY

International Coach
Hahaha, that's pretty good. From memory, I only have about 5-6 players over that magical 10k mark... :unsure:
5? Mills, McMillan, Gray, Bhutia and Johnson?

Problem is, McMillan, Johnson and Gray are really good and Bhutia will be. Though I'm interested to see how you get on with your bowling when you come up against really good sides as you have a couple of respectables don't you? And is Mills still good for your league?

My respectables got carted last year (and undid all the good work done by my decent bowlers) so had to replace them at the expense of having gun players like yours so now got 1 rem, 3 strongs & a prof which I hope won't get spanked as much.

Pity is, don't have anyone to rip sides out.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Couple of pops:

George Ashton - 20 yo, BT Rating=44,833
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: remarkable
Batting: quality Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: mediocre

Junior Harewood - 18 yo, BT Rating=21,263
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: strong

Harewood should be superb next week. :dry: Probably going to stop training Ashton's WK after the next pop.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, my bowling is very dire and I concede huge amounts of runs. I've got Payton (resp/resp), Flitney (resp/med), Mulholland (resp/med), Mills (strong/prof) and Mcmillan (sup/strong). Mulholland will be a gun though. I'm selling Johnston as we speak, so then I'll have around £8mil, which I'll hopefully spend on a gun bowler, which is what my side is severely lacking. I'll be a batsman short (will only have Gray, Mcmillan & Bhutia), but my bowling will be good with Mcmillan & the new guy being the top 2, and Mulholland the up-and-comer.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Only pop for me

Pete Mcintosh - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,007
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
Just a quick question. Or two...

When figuring out how long it is until someone is going to pop via their wages, do stamina and fielding count as primaries? In fact, are they generally considered primaries (because they are directly trainable), or is that just bat/bowl/wk?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just to completely frustrate the lot of you -

Do fielding net sessions in conjunction with a batting or bowling net session make them more benefitial? Getting a mixed view on it. :)

After looking at my league, I should finish 5th or 6th. Which is gay for a V-league.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year

When figuring out how long it is until someone is going to pop via their wages, do stamina and fielding count as primaries? In fact, are they generally considered primaries (because they are directly trainable), or is that just bat/bowl/wk?
Well, in answer to your first question - stamina, fielding and conc/cons contribute towards a players wage, but not to the extent of primaries (ie; a quality primary may contribute £5000, but a quality secondary [conc, cons, stam, fielding] might only contribute £1000).

To your second question - nope, only batting, bowling & w/k are considered primaries as far as I know. Secondaries may refer to conc & cons or just everything else. By the way, welcome to CW! What's your team name?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone

Should be a bunch of blokes who can answer all your BT questions. I ain`t one of them. :happy:

Enjoy CW. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone who's looking for a specific type of player to buy but is having trouble finding them on the market, all you have to do is find one in a team that's turned bot then ask the England manager to call them up to the national team and have them listed. Seems to be all the rage at the moment. 8-)

PY

International Coach
Just to completely frustrate the lot of you -

Do fielding net sessions in conjunction with a batting or bowling net session make them more benefitial? Getting a mixed view on it. :)

After looking at my league, I should finish 5th or 6th. Which is gay for a V-league.
One batting and one fielding net will not improve your batting progress any faster than just one batting net but it will cause the concentration to pop twice every season I believe, not much faster than 2 batting nets would pop concentration.

So in short, fielding nets on their own = pointless and I would argue that they are only useful when you're training an all-rounder (with bowling and batting nets) because you would want both secondaries to pop faster and could only afford one net.

Does that make sense? :unsure:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Anyone who's looking for a specific type of player to buy but is having trouble finding them on the market, all you have to do is find one in a team that's turned bot then ask the England manager to call them up to the national team and have them listed. Seems to be all the rage at the moment. 8-)
Don`t heaps understand you. Sounds unfair if I get you, yet I want in. :p

One batting and one fielding net will not improve your batting progress any faster than just one batting net but it will cause the concentration to pop twice every season I believe, not much faster than 2 batting nets would pop concentration.

So in short, fielding nets on their own = pointless and I would argue that they are only useful when you're training an all-rounder (with bowling and batting nets) because you would want both secondaries to pop faster and could only afford one net.

Haha, mayyybe. So fielding nets help secondaries? I`ve had some of my batsmen on a batting net and fielding net. Is there much point in this, or should I give them two batting nets each instead?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Don`t heaps understand you. Sounds unfair if I get you, yet I want in. :p
Basically when a team turns bot, the team will eventually be replaced by a new team, so the players disappear. Since this sometimes happens to players in the national teams, the NT managers can request for NT players who are bots or about to become bots to be transfer-listed so they don't disappear from the game.

What the England manager has been doing is calling up (good) bot players to the NT specifically to have them transfer-listed, even though they're not actually good enough to play in the NT. Matt Conn (49612) is one such example; basically the only reason he was called up was because someone wanted to buy him so asked for him to be called up to the NT and listed. He's not nearly good enough to actually play for the NT. It's dodgy and it pisses me off, that's all.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
On the other hand, Brackenhurst can have its chances of a Top-two finish dramatically increased. :D :p

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
Cheers guys, that's helped me. The team name is ummm Romojo. I really should look at fixing that :laugh: I've dropped a link to my squad in my profile, so those of you who want a chuckle and are currently logged in to Battrick can click on my name and visit my 'homepage'

Reason I asked, because unlike half of you lot... no pops. none. zero. naught. Maybe next week.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

A second batting net won't contribute anything at all to secondaries. Say you've got a 17yo, a fielding net will add around 1/15 of a level to concentration and consistency. A batting net will add around 1/15 of a level to concentration. But the batting and fielding net are independent of each other, you don't get more from one because you have the other and vice versa (that's my theory on it anyway). Personally I wouldn't bother with fielding nets with non-allrounders unless there's a serious deficiency (like someone is quality-feeble or something), but even then it would be a low priority net.

Status
Not open for further replies.