• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I know its wrong to judge a Team on a session and a day, but this India bowling in this innings will do a lot to formulate my opinion of this 2007 team.

Its a defendable total, with a very impressive series victory on the line.

If they can bowl SA out I will be impressed and give them a great deal of well deserved praise, but if they lose this game and the series I see little to get excited about.

Its a game they can win, I want to see them pull their socks up and fight like crazy to make it happen.

Dravid

International Captain
I know its wrong to judge a Team on a session and a day, but this India bowling in this innings will do a lot to formulate my opinion of this 2007 team.

Its a defendable total, with a very impressive series victory on the line.

If they can bowl SA out I will be impressed and give them a great deal of well deserved praise, but if they lose this game and the series I see little to get excited about.

Its a game they can win, I want to see them pull their socks up and fight like crazy to make it happen.
If we want to give our 100%, first step would be to remove Munaf from the field.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SS, the problem is that you are almost pouring salt on their (Indian fans) wounds. I think they're all acknowledging the poor play of the team, but are extremely frustrated about the umpiring as well. When they see you posting with your "I told you so" rants, they get even more annoyed. I know I would if I was in their shoes. It's ok to be a realist, but a full-time pessimist who repeatedly reminds the fans of their own team's failure can get under the skin. I hope this is not coming out too harsh against you. I love reading your posts and all and think you're a champ. Just giving you perspective as to why everyone is ready to bite you're head off. :)
Fair enough, thats just the way it goes sometimes though (pessimism = realism as far as we're concerned). I'm frustrated too but comments like 'we would have drawn or won the match' really make me focus on the problem.

adharcric

International Coach
Fair enough, thats just the way it goes sometimes though (pessimism = realism as far as we're concerned). I'm frustrated too but comments like 'we would have drawn or won the match' really make me focus on the problem.
Just don't get flustered. You react to an over-positive fan by being over-negative. Instead, you can keep your composure and give a balanced take.

Dravid

International Captain
Everytime a 4 is it, it feels like someone is stabbing me.

Commentator: "Munaf Patel will not cut this off, he doesn't have the pace"

God wtf is he doing on the field!?

Nishant

International 12th Man
Lol welcome back man, last time I saw you on CW, I had about as many posts as you... It's been long.
thats a lot of posts! Hope i haven't missed too much! Anyway....disappointed with india. I see SA winning this unless we do wat we did against WI a few months back (all out for 120 or something like that)! Keep the hope alive! 8-)