• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My problem is I'm a sucker for a 4-4-2. Tend to have 2CMs (BWM and AP), my wingers as AM R/L (either wing or inside forward, not fussed - had Shaqiri going great guns cutting in from the right on my last save. One season he set up 24 goals in 26 games before getting injured). Then I'll have a DLP and Poacher up front.
Very similar to my FM12 formation for most of my save actually. Replace DLP with Trequartista and we have the same front six.

These days I play a narrow 4-2-3-1, with AMCL and AMCR instead of actual wingers and all three attacking midfielders as trequartistas. Leads to lots of goals conceded but some fairly entertaining stuff and if you have the correct players for it it's still effective.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I almost always go for 4-2-3-1 these days. Can't remember the last time I had a game where I played with more than 1 man up front actually.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I favour a 4-3-2-1 with the 2 as inside forwards. Will probably have to switch to something more conservative in the prem though, based off what happened to me in the Community Shield, the League Cup and against Valencia in the Europa League (my group was pish, they won 6 out of 6 I think I finished with 7 points in second, possibly 9)

King Pietersen

International Captain
4-3-2-1 for me too. Don't like the balance of only having 2 midfielders, love playing with a DM. Though been some interesting talk on other forums about Van Gaal's 5-3-2 formation, which I might be tempted to try out on a save at some point, people having great success with it.

My problem is I'm a sucker for a 4-4-2. Tend to have 2CMs (BWM and AP), my wingers as AM R/L (either wing or inside forward, not fussed - had Shaqiri going great guns cutting in from the right on my last save. One season he set up 24 goals in 26 games before getting injured). Then I'll have a DLP and Poacher up front.
Shaqiri is such a beast. Was so good for my Bayern save. He was that good, that by the end of the first season, Ribery was 2nd choice at AML, with Shaqiri tearing up the league with goals and heaps of assists. Then, when I sold Robben in the summer break, and replaced him with Bale, my two wingers were ridiculously awesome. Bale at AMR, and Shaqiri at AML would probably be my choice for an FM14 dream-team. Lamela hard done by to be left out, but I'd probably just plump for Bale.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On FM13 with my h4x Arsenal side I used to play

X
X---X
X-------X
X---X

X---X----X

At home against **** sides and absolutely batter them

Agent TBY

International Captain

My most successful tactic ever and one that I'll probably always go back to. Only downside is that it takes AMs completely out of the picture, and those are always the most attractive players on the market.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Actually, TBY has it right. I thought the 3 up top looked excessive. Swap one for a DM as he has.

Pothas

I get bored with playing 4-2-3-1 but have done it with Schalke but the 3 are all AM with the full-backs providing the width. Started playing 3-5-2 a bit for away games and it has gone ok.

My best formation in the past was the back 5 as set out by TBY there but then one CM and then the rest like you would get in a 4-2-3-1 but it has always failed on this version. Actually that is a lie as I did not have the sweeper, so basically 2 at the back.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My Histon team look like they will make playoffs. Got to christmas in 3rd, had great FA Cup run, lost in 2nd round on tv to Torquay and missed a tie at Arsenal in 3rd round. Gutted, would have secured me financially for a couple of seasons. My kids from youth team are improving rapidly, got a couple who will be with me in League 1 by look of it. Out of trophy in 2nd round so no glory in cups this year.

Playing 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 depending on who fit/suspended out of my attacking players.

flibbertyjibber

Promoted via the playoffs. New intake of youngsters was interesting. Got a 15 year old right back who is a good player for Conference Prem already and will become a leading League 1 player. Seems strange to get players like that so easily when you so low down the leagues. Can release my injury prone right back on 50 times the wages this kid is on.

cpr

International Coach
Nearly got the boot by November, 11 games in 6 points off the top after a bit of a bad run or 4 draws and a defeat. However had won at Anfield (88th min winner by supersub Phil Neville), claimed top of the CL group with a game to go (including a 4-1 win at Juventus), and just come through a horrid raft of injuries .

Media was saying I'd get the sack if I didn't beat Reading at home, so Le Fondre scores after 2 mins....

Managed to scrape a 2-1 win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Two games to go and have won promotion but a point behind QPR which am a bit gutted about tbh as I was 10 points clear at one point. Had a bit of an implosion since going out of Europe but had enough in the bank to see me through. Going out of Europe was devastating though, won the home leg V Schalke 3-1 but managed to lose 4-0 in the second leg

Jarquis

Was 2nd favourite to go down but won the league with Northampton. Still nobody wants to come to me though so will probably go straight back down. Limited scout network and ****e facilities make life tough and I'm getting tempted to chuck it in. Budgets are good though after making it to the 4th round of the FA and taking MU to a replay at OT

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wigan sacked me as I sat 19th with fourteen games to go. Wouldn't mind but had clawed my way from the bottom and was in decent form, then got the chop after a defeat to Liverpool.

Got offered the Wolves job not long after with them sat 7th in League One and the objective of a play off spot which should be easily achievable. Can't get any **** on loan though, so frustrating.

cpr

International Coach
So the dream ended after 3 defeats on the bounce, away to Arsenal and City, but I think the final straw was losing the next one, FACup 3rd round at Forest Green.....

My defence was every **** was injured.

flibbertyjibber

2nd in table with Histon. Got to 3rd round of FA Cup after playing Conference/Con South sides in 3 previous rounds and was drawn at home to Man U. Somehow got a 0-0 against a United reserve side who had 20+ shots but couldn't score. Replay will set me up for a season or two. Into quarter final of Trophy as had easy draw so far.

Injuries mounting now though so will do well to hold onto play off place I reckon. Not sure I want to waste my cash on lots of new signings this season as I will be stuck with them for next unless they are great players. Got loads out of contract this summer so can rebuild with it whichever division I am in.

Pothas

6th season and the team has finally starting to play to its potential. Unbeaten in 36 games now, never done a whole league season without defeat before, still 9 games to go.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Had an incredible run with Wolves, winning 11 out of my 12 league games to finish 3rd. Was worried as the only team that had beaten me was Barnsley who were my play off opponents but smashed them 8-3 on aggregate before doing a number on Brentford in the final.

Made a decent start in the Championship, it's November and I'm second but I've lost whenever I've been without more than one of my first XI so doubt I'll have the depth to last the pace. Also managed to lose to Chesterfield in the League Cup thanks to having seven players on international duty. Hate it when **** like that happens.