• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
How many times have the commentators mentioned Lake Merced so far? Getting ridiculous.

We're getting into "Ashwin has a Test century" territory here.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
So much for Tiger having a new phenomenal swing.

Watched him all day - willing and wanting him onwards - only for him to be entirely mediocre.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Thought Tiger could've put himself in contention with a 68 or something. 5 over through 8 holes not really what I'd imagined.

Think McDowell could have this.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tiger was almost the perfect golfer once, but coming back would make or a bigger story.
coming back to where he was before seems to be a really tall order right now...what a horrific start on sunday when he was still in with a shout...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
pretty impressive weekend effort by webb simpson on this course...heartbreak for furyk again....mcdowell just missed too much off the tee on the back nine otherwise he would very likely have won his 2nd u.s open...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not surprised to see McDowell falter in the final round as his swing still seems very inconsistent for such a top player

Mind you, it's better than last year where he looked like a real hacker at times

social

what? no one has a word to say about tiger's 3rd win of the year?!
IMO, Tiger is the greatest golfer of all time and the biggest question surrounding his "comeback" concerned his state of mind

These victories (3/7 this year IIRC) are going some way to dispel those doubts which is great news for golf but less so for his opponents

grecian

It's an incredible feat, but majors are where it's at, and he knows that more than anyone. He'll probably beat Snead's record now, but don't see him beating Jacks.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
It's an incredible feat, but majors are where it's at, and he knows that more than anyone. He'll probably beat Snead's record now, but don't see him beating Jacks.
i don't know...now that he has started winning again i am giving myself another two years or so before coming to a conclusion either way...and yes he will overtake snead for sure...

grecian

Gawd knows, I give up tipping majors, it'll be some bloke at about 500-1.

Rose, Harrington, D. Johnson and Paul Lawrie have had my money wasted on them.

All good wind players.

social

Woods just out-hit Garcia and Rose despite hitting iron to their drivers - shades of Pebble Beach

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Aaron Townsend at The Open. Lovely bloke. Had a hit with him in the NSW Open pro-am a few years ago.

He shanked one into the George's River at Liverpool GC.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tip for anyone who wants to sound like an expert during the Open Championship:

When engaged in conversation with someone who is talking about the Open, listen to what they say and reply with 'well that's links golf for you'.