Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

so you won money on wie and lost your winnings on leonard then?
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    so you won money on wie and lost your winnings on leonard then?
    Well it was a double so I never won anything really. Yet if Leonard had won it would of been a couple of hundred pounds. Ho hum. Never seen Leonard putt like that it was really disappointing.

Think Michelle will push on now, really felt sorry for her, and her disastrous and gimmicky handing at the start of her career. Hopefully she can start to fulfill that phenomenal talent now.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    In an incredible act of generosity, the boss gave me a 2K voucher with Powergolf to get "some new irons".

For that dough, I might be able to buy a new swing!
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Off to the golf in Dubai tomorrow

Apparently a beautiful course to look at but, as is typical of Norman designs, only pros can play it

Anyway, hoping that Adam Scott can continue his return to form

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Hope you have a good one mate. Allenby in the lead UIMM - please throw something at him for me.

Anyone bought new clubs lately? I got a pretty huge gift voucher for my 40th and want to get some new irons. Can anyone recommend some to me if you've bought some lately please?
    Last edited by Burgey; 19-11-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hope you have a good one mate. Allenby in the lead UIMM - please throw something at him for me.

Anyone bought new clubs lately? I got a pretty huge gift voucher for my 40th and want to get some new irons. Can anyone recommend some to me if you've bought some lately please?
    I have a few friends involved in pro golf and all say that Allenby is a really nice guy despite looking like a miserable bloke

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Norman or Appleby, who are almost universally hated

Golf was good but frustrating as I followed Scott and Harrington around for a while

Scott's ball striking is great but his short game was just ordinary (not the yips but wrong pace on putts and chips landing a foot or so off meant that he was left with 10 footers which he promptly missed)

Harrington is incredibly slow and more than once you felt like telling him to get on with it.

As for clubs, I swear by Pings (seem to look and feel good in my hands which is half the battle)

Only advice is to try as many out as possible and given that you have plenty to spend, get a pro to fit them for you and dont buy something simply because that's what the pros use

well played westwood! the trophies look awesome! much better than the fedex cup although the extra 7.5 million $ might make up for the lack of trophy grandeur!
    mcilroy will win this multiple times in the future...maybe he will win a fedex cup and the race to dubai in the same year...!

Yeah, rumours spreading about the wife chasing him with a golf club.

Next few days is going to be packed with headlines.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hope the media aren't too rough on him.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    I have a few friends involved in pro golf and all say that Allenby is a really nice guy despite looking like a miserable bloke

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Norman or Appleby, who are almost universally hated

Golf was good but frustrating as I followed Scott and Harrington around for a while

Scott's ball striking is great but his short game was just ordinary (not the yips but wrong pace on putts and chips landing a foot or so off meant that he was left with 10 footers which he promptly missed)

Harrington is incredibly slow and more than once you felt like telling him to get on with it.

As for clubs, I swear by Pings (seem to look and feel good in my hands which is half the battle)

Only advice is to try as many out as possible and given that you have plenty to spend, get a pro to fit them for you and dont buy something simply because that's what the pros use
    It's funny they'd say that as I've met both Appleby and Allenby (my friend's sister was Renee - Stuart's late wife) and Robert Allenby came across as a bit of a tool while Stuart was always a friendly bloke. I'm not sure if that's changed in the last few years as I haven't seen either of them for a while (about 9 years)...but that's the way it was when I knew them. I knew Stuart Appleby better than Allenby though so that might make a difference.

I do remember asking Applebly to sign a hat I had at the PGA in Brisbane one year and, without looking up, he said 'Mate, I can assure you it's easier to sign on the brim' (When I asked him to sign on the back strap as the front was getting full)...so maybe they have a point. My friend said 'Did you tell him to pull his head in!?' haha

As for clubs Burgey, I'd look at Titleist too if I were you. They have some nice sets of irons. Mizuno are good too, and Taylor Made. Although personally I haven't liked the look of most of the Taylor Made irons recently. And I echo the point about getting a pro to fit them. Better to have a set of clubs fitted to your swing than something off the rack. And usually it doesn't cost any extra.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 28-11-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Tiger, you must tell us what happened

Ridiculous article. Hate this "we have a right to know every ridiculous detail about your private life irrespective of your wishes because we're the media" attitude. That's one thing for Paris Hilton who shops herself around in these circles, but Tiger just plays golf very very well.

Not to mention this is just a minor traffic violation ffs.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

yeah it's none of anyone else's business...well done to him for saying that outright...

Well if Tiger can cheat, anyone can now

Have to admit it was kind of weird hearing his voice mail message.

Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread Information