• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How bad is Adam Scott going? 8 over. FMD the bloke needs his head read.

Chops hot chicks though.
Haha yeah he's going alright with the ladies.

Remember watching him years ago win the Greg Norman Junior Classic at Coolangatta/Tweed GC. He won by 16 and shot 18 under over 4 rounds I think. First shot I saw him play was an 8 iron second shot into a par 5 that went in the hole for an albatross :laugh:

Not sure what's happened lately though.

grecian

And Tiger ties for the lead, can only see one winner from here, but Padraig is possibly the one man in golf that won't be intimidated.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
And Tiger ties for the lead, can only see one winner from here, but Padraig is possibly the one man in golf that won't be intimidated.
even the tough irishman melts down in the closing holes...now let's see if two wins is enough of a momentum to win the pga...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting stuff here, perhaps explaining Padraigs sudden collapse when he was playing so well.....
yeah it definitely played its part, both woods and harrington alluded to it in the post-match press conf...interestingly woods was the more critical of the two...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
woods puts some distance between himself and the field, vijay in the final group..

grecian

This has all been a bit bizarre from Woods, played average yesterday and has been (for him) woeful today.

Will probably still win, but it feels shaky, to say the least.

Kudos to Yang though, kept himself together well, and if he'd had some luck on the greens could have a healthy lead.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yang's lack of luck on the greens made up for by that chip-in for eagle. Amazing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Got to laugh at Paddy Power paying out on Woods after the 2nd day.

Wonder how much that's cost them?

grecian

Got to laugh at Paddy Power paying out on Woods after the 2nd day.

Wonder how much that's cost them?
Hey they'll make it all back on the good publicity, it's why they do these things, after all. It's not as if they'd pay-out too much on Yang, would of really hit them if Padraig or Rory had won though, being Irish bookies.

Yang did a serious choke on that three-putt so not quite over yet, first sign of nerves really. If he puts this close he's champ.

What a ****ing shot....

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Yeah great finish by Yang. Didn't expect him to get up and only watched the last hole. The approach and put were outstanding under pressure. Am wondering why he putted out in front of Tiger (even though I know he was further away), but it could have been so there was less pressure. Still had two putts to win though.

He lives on Jeju Island, I was there on holiday last week. Some really nice golf courses there, there's about 13 or 14 of them on a tiny island

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
wow that was a shocker! was very sad at first but there are a lot of positives to this, shows the depth of the tour that the 110th ranked player can outduel the greatest player of all time on a sunday back-nine, that too from behind! plus it is the first asian major winner, this will do wonders in spreading the sport in that region...

Son Of Coco

wow that was a shocker! was very sad at first but there are a lot of positives to this, shows the depth of the tour that the 110th ranked player can outduel the greatest player of all time on a sunday back-nine, that too from behind! plus it is the first asian major winner, this will do wonders in spreading the sport in that region...
It was a good win by Yang. I'm not sure if it'll push the sport forward here in South Korea though as it really is a rich man's game. It's ridiculously expensive to have a hit on any golf course here, let alone a decent one. From memory I think even the practice nets are more expensive for monthly membership than my home course in Australia.

From what I understand it's a similar situation in Japan.

biased indian

International Coach
It was a good win by Yang. I'm not sure if it'll push the sport forward here in South Korea though as it really is a rich man's game. It's ridiculously expensive to have a hit on any golf course here, let alone a decent one. From memory I think even the practice nets are more expensive for monthly membership than my home course in Australia.

From what I understand it's a similar situation in Japan.
think it same every where in Asia...in India if you have some in military you can play in a number of golf courses as majority are owned by Army

grecian

Ah well the world still revolves, and I think it is time someone from an Asian country won a major. They're incredible on the LPGA tour.

Speaking of which, is it wrong to want the septics to win the Solheim Cup because they've the cuter players?