• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, Woods played a lot better on the back nine, and I don't see Cejka or Poulter winning so effectively he's only three off the pace. Stenson or Cabrera for me at this time. About time Stenson took out a biggish tournament, he's got a great game.

Enjoyed watching Quiros outhit John Daly in the Italian open Yesterday, both booming it 350+ regularly. Daly playing well though, reckon he'll win on the European Tour, maybe the banning from the US tour will do him good.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tiger is officially struggling now, 5 stroke-play tournaments and just 1 win and 4 top 10s...he is horribly out of form...:ph34r:

grecian

tiger is officially struggling now, 5 stroke-play tournaments and just 1 win and 4 top 10s...he is horribly out of form...:ph34r:
Yeah, it's all relative isn't it? For anyone else in world golf it would be great form>

I know you're not a fan of Johnny Miller (and rightly so most of the time), but I do feel he has a point about Tiger becoming a tad muscle-bound. It happened to Faldo once, he worked out too much and seemed to lose his swing a bit.

Tiger was very complementary about Stensons win (Sergio, look and learn), Henrik did indeed play a brilliant final round, but he's got such a great game, this win is certainly not over-due. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the majors. Got a big chance at both Opens, I'd of thought.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it's all relative isn't it? For anyone else in world golf it would be great form>

I know you're not a fan of Johnny Miller (and rightly so most of the time), but I do feel he has a point about Tiger becoming a tad muscle-bound. It happened to Faldo once, he worked out too much and seemed to lose his swing a bit.

Tiger was very complementary about Stensons win (Sergio, look and learn), Henrik did indeed play a brilliant final round, but he's got such a great game, this win is certainly not over-due. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the majors. Got a big chance at both Opens, I'd of thought.
yeah i think he has got the message that he needs to improve his swing...i don't think he will be satisfied with a ground-out top 10 at bethpage...:)

and yeah....he is very complimentary about his fellow pros...he is just not a rambler, mostly answers to the point...and stenson has been knocking on the doors for some time now, he is 33 so he was overdue for a big win...

Son Of Coco

Managed to pick the winner in the last 4 tourneys in Fantasy golf...unfortunately I haven't always had them in the playing squad at the time :dry:

grecian

Yeah, for my next trick I will say Nadal has a great chance at the French Open.

You heard it here first.....
Managed to pick the winner in the last 4 tourneys in Fantasy golf...unfortunately I haven't always had them in the playing squad at the time :dry:

Got to be better then my tips, anyway8-)

I'll go for Camillo, going to win sometime this year, fancy him this week.

Tiger needs to start hitting it straighter if he's gonna have a chance at the USOpen.

grecian

Hey, if you follow John Daly on twitter, he follows you back.

I am inordinately excited by this:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
ogilvy really tore up the course today, -9 today and tied for the lead, right now tiger doesn't look like he is going anywhere, he had his opportunities to make a push but has been unable to make any medium or long putts...

grecian

Well Wilson, I've heard of, but Bettencourt is a total nobody, good for him though.

Furyk and Oglivy must be faves, and they'll be decent shouts for the US Open too.

Tiger will get another good position without challenging, becoming a theme....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well Wilson, I've heard of, but Bettencourt is a total nobody, good for him though.
i've heard of wilson too, but seeing him at the top of the leaderboard in such a tournament is still somewhat of a shock, cejka the 54 hole leader by 5 or 6 at the players was an even bigger shock...:)

Furyk and Oglivy must be faves, and they'll be decent shouts for the US Open too.
yep...ogilvy has been quite brilliant this year and furyk always hovers around the top at these kind of events...

Tiger will get another good position without challenging, becoming a theme....
yep, i am seeing that pattern as well, the only difference was bayhill and if o'hair hadn't cooperated there, it would have been a similar result...

grecian

Well interesting tournament four-shot tie including Woods, Davis Love looking strongest to be fair.