• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am watching them right now. 1-0 up against Spain after some gloriously bad keeping by some guy who for some reason
is not Canizares.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Am watching them right now. 1-0 up against Spain after some gloriously bad keeping by some guy who for some reason
is not Canizares.
i watched that with my football club at a club house in the woods. that was kinda fun although i think the shot counter was something like 1-26

Furball

Evil Scotsman
is not Canizares.
Wasn't Euro 2000 the tournament Cañizares missed because he sliced a tendon in his foot by dropping a bottle of aftershave on it?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Commentator seems convinced England are massive favourites despite having Dennis Wise playing left-wing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sorry to go off topic but did you all see that the non-leagues below the National N/S divisions have all been expunged

But now legal action is starting. South Shields I believe the first instigators.

Vauxhall Motors, the closest team to where I currently live, had actually already secured promotion.

There are far more important things than football etc etc but...this is going to get messy one feels.

My cynical suspicions yesterday were that the bigwigs would use it as a test case for the top leagues.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Odd that he ever played for England at all imo.
Yeah I didn't think he had. Tbf if he'd come off a good enough season to make the squad then there was probably a case for picking him over Ince, who was very much over the hill. But playing him on the left-wing is just meme-worthy, and again belies Keegan's reputation for attacking football.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sorry to go off topic but did you all see that the non-leagues below the National N/S divisions have all been expunged

But now legal action is starting. South Shields I believe the first instigators.

Vauxhall Motors, the closest team to where I currently live, had actually already secured promotion.

There are far more important things than football etc etc but...this is going to get messy one feels.

My cynical suspicions yesterday were that the bigwigs would use it as a test case for the top leagues.
Wouldn't be at all surprised tbh.

It'll be messy enough at the lower levels, but once we start to talk about the sums of money that'd be involved/at stake at the very top of the pyramid, it'd be a right hullabaloo. No wonder the Prem seems absolutely desperate to get the season finished behind closed doors. A failure to get it over the line will cause an administrative, legal, and financial nightmare the likes of which will be totally unprecedented.

Looks like it will happen too. Can't see how the games behind closed doors strategy could be done in a way that is compatible with the social isolation policy/law. Not before the end of June anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I didn't think he had. Tbf if he'd come off a good enough season to make the squad then there was probably a case for picking him over Ince, who was very much over the hill. But playing him on the left-wing is just meme-worthy, and again belies Keegan's reputation for attacking football.
Haha I always forget that Ince was still playing for England at that stage. Whenever I see highlights from 2000 I always think "haha, what are you doing there?". From what I recall he was already past his best in 1998. Not terrible, but not close to being the player he was even 2 years prior.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I am probably being simplistic but my thinking is something like

Mandatory testing of all players and refs.
Mandatory testing of a select few cameramen
Stream all games from all leagues. Have them every ****ing day. Cheer us up.

Or just bin it off. As long as the whites stay up