• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shame for Man Utd imo. Bloke is a very useful player.

Great from an Arsenal POV though. An absolute nemesis.

andmark

International Captain
Given the United fans want an aesthetic style of football, it's a useful move inasmuch as United managers won't have the temptation to lump Fellaini forward. The Chinese club will be getting a useful player and no doubt he'll be paid well. It's a good move for all involved except for when United are a goal down in the last few minutes of a match and would prefer that option.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We're only getting rid of him for symbolic reasons. I can see the benefit but would still prefer to keep him around.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've only seen Denis Suarez play a couple of times and the only thing that stood out about him was his handsomeness.

Anyone know what he brings to us as a footballer?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Leverkusen's in the early 2000s was the funniest one. Had a 5 point lead with 3 games left and managed to choke it away. Also lost the cup final and the champions league final all in the space of like 2 weeks.
And then the Leverkusen captain,one Michael Ballack led Germany to choking in the World Cup final. IIRC

The liverpool choke will be glorious.
If it happens at all.

andmark

International Captain
Even speaking in neutral terms, I'm not sure I see why it'd be good for Liverpool to choke and City to win the league. Like I don't see the fun in a team which won the league last season, with a dubious financial fair play record, winning back-to-back leagues. Surely for a better league, it'd be best if there was a degree of competitiveness.

Uppercut

Even speaking in neutral terms, I'm not sure I see why it'd be good for Liverpool to choke and City to win the league. Like I don't see the fun in a team which won the league last season, with a dubious financial fair play record, winning back-to-back leagues. Surely for a better league, it'd be best if there was a degree of competitiveness.
All true but Liverpool's fans are Liverpool fans and therefore any time they win anything it's an apocalyptic disaster.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'd like to see Liverpool win because it's the outcome which would make the most number of people really annoyed.
I think the opposite is also true. Whilst Liverpool winning the title would really annoy a lot of people, including me, it will also actively please a lot of people (more so than if City win it anyway). Which I think probably will magnify the annoyance whenever it eventually happens.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Liverpool winning would not annoy me especially. The schadenfreude of them ****ing it up (which I fully believe they will) is massively appealing though.

Uppercut

Yeah they’d be crying into their YNWA scarves for months. OS has made a dreadful miscalculation if he’s wanting a Liverpool win for misanthropic reasons.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Gerrard slip was one of the greatest moments of all time. I still get a kick out of thinking about that.