• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the Women’s World Cup. I don’t get what they’re doing with offside. The England disallowed goal was a farce. If a player receives the ball in an offside position the flag has to go up. Not wait 20 seconds to see if the ball ends up in the net. I know they often wait to see if a player gets involved but she received the ball straight to her feet in an offside position.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Watching the Women’s World Cup. I don’t get what they’re doing with offside. The England disallowed goal was a farce. If a player receives the ball in an offside position the flag has to go up. Not wait 20 seconds to see if the ball ends up in the net. I know they often wait to see if a player gets involved but she received the ball straight to her feet in an offside position.
These new rules are ridiculous. There was one in today’s game where one of the players was offside in the middle but the flag didn’t go up and the hall ended up going out for a throw level with the penalty area rather than a free kick 30-35 yards from goal. Not sure that’s fair on the defending team.

andmark

International Captain
I saw the news earlier and immediately thought of you. Ipswich must be aiming to bounce back up by signing God himself.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
With the fixtures for next season out on June 20th and the Women's World Cup not finishing until July 7th, and the Euro Under 21's about to start, the threads are going to overlap. How long before we don't have a close season at all?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw the news earlier and immediately thought of you. Ipswich must be aiming to bounce back up by signing God himself.
You'd think they'd signed Messi the way the fans are going on, he has never scored a goal in League 1 and they are claiming the title already. Sunderland did the same last season and halfway through spent £4m on a song who can't score. I bet if we keep Fej he will score more than both.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You'd think they'd signed Messi the way the fans are going on, he has never scored a goal in League 1 and they are claiming the title already. Sunderland did the same last season and halfway through spent £4m on a song who can't score. I bet if we keep Fej he will score more than both.
I’d be shocked if Norwood didn’t pick up where he left off.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah yeah, you know what I mean, player moving to new club in inbred area needing to settle and all that. A club who got relegated and expect promotion and expect this guy to score nearly 30 goals for them.

flibbertyjibber

When has anyone suggested that is what is expected of him?
Ipswich fans all over internet. They are apparently walking League 1 with him scoring 30 odd goals according to the fans, oh and League 1 is full of tinpot teams who aren't fit to grace a mighty team like Ipswich. Think they all still think they are in the late 70's and early 80's actually but they all seem to be the same. much like Sunderland fans were a year ago actually when they said the exact same things.

flibbertyjibber

The fact it is a new team who he has to get used to and has massive expectation and HAS to hit the ground running. They signed 2 players from my lot last summer and turned on them in no time when things didn't go well. They think they are a Premier League type club and expect to win all the time even though they have been stagnating/going backwards for years. Good luck to him but I think it will go wrong for him.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think the Under 21's is probably still last season. England lost to France with 2 goals in the...……………………..no I don't care about this either.