• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
VCS' obsession isn't that weird. Mourinho is my least favourite person in football history. Try not to go on about him too much though because at the end of the day I'd just rather he went away.
I'm with VCS too, man is a ****e of the highest water, and I have no time for him, his football or his press.

He's very good at what he does, but that really doesn't mean I can't hate the smarmy uppity controversialist so much.

Amusing to see GIMP call VCS out on it, not like he doesn't have a few irrational, pathological hates himself.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Juventus can win the CL this year. The RM-Barcelona-Bayern cabal needs to be broken up a bit.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Juve as a team remind me of the Magnificent Bastard himself, Graeme Souness.

Like I've said previously, as a 90s child there's something comforting about the top Italian side being amongst the best in Europe.

I love how old school their defenders are as well. For all the lovely football they play, I love the way they're not scared to dish out a good kicking when they need to.

Will be interesting to see what sort of business they do in summer, they bought so smartly last summer. Pjanic for £25m and Dani Alves on a free would be amongst the two best bits of business in Europe.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm with VCS too, man is a ****e of the highest water, and I have no time for him, his football or his press.

He's very good at what he does, but that really doesn't mean I can't hate the smarmy uppity controversialist so much.

Amusing to see GIMP call VCS out on it, not like he doesn't have a few irrational, pathological hates himself.
I thought someone would say that and I thought it would be you!

I wasn't having a pop, and doubt vcs took it as one.

All of my irrational hatreds stem from who I support, basically, though. As much as I find Mourinho odious I can't muster up the same level of disgust because I'm not personally invested. I mean I was brought up to hate Man U but I can't even be arsed with that anymore.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I thought someone would say that and I thought it would be you!

I wasn't having a pop, and doubt vcs took it as one.

All of my irrational hatreds stem from who I support, basically, though. As much as I find Mourinho odious I can't muster up the same level of disgust because I'm not personally invested. I mean I was brought up to hate Man U but I can't even be arsed with that anymore.
Yep. No doubt a lot of mine stems from him arriving in my 2nd season as a football fan and my club never being the best in the country ever again. Plus Wenger's terrible head to head with him and the bitterness of the rivalry he's had with him.

Edit: Classic counter example is Simeone, who's quite easy to root for as the anti-Madrid/Barca challenger, but would probably be very hatable if he was managing at a club like Chelsea or United.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Simeone's a ****ing **** and his Atleti side are horrible. The joy at watching them getting scudded in the Champions League is tempered by the team who's scudding them.

vcs

Holy cow, they've pulled 2 back inside 20 minutes! This is interesting. C'mon Atletico!

vcs

Bollocks. :(

Was nice while it lasted.

Great buildup play by Benzema, good save and great awareness to put it away.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah way to ruin it, away goals rule is so bad.

Hargreaves needs to learn there are adjectives other than 'wonderful' and 'incredible'