• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby (union) June Internationals 2016

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Billy Vunipola does very well to keep it from finding touch in England territory, tip-toeing along the sideline and batting the ball back infield just as it looked to bounce out. He was like a well-fed possum on a power line.

Lol at the description ... Well fed possum...

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
England need to try to score tries rather than this crappy tactical kicking. They are inviting a loss.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Every time I watch a rugby match, Nigel Owens seems to get himself involved as a touch judge when there's no call for it. Seems like a pretty self-important bloke.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
That is a remarkable match. Endless wave of attack, no idea how we managed to hold them off.

Haskell and Robshaw look like completely different players at the moment.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Get in.

Last week the scoreline perhaps should have been more in our favour, this week the score flatters us. Brilliant series win.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't agree with how England won that, just kept on kicking it away, they relied on themselves to keep out australia in the red zone which, although they pulled it off, is not a good strategy. England should have kept on trying to score tries.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't agree with how England won that, just kept on kicking it away, they relied on themselves to keep out australia in the red zone which, although they pulled it off, is not a good strategy. England should have kept on trying to score tries.
I guess they decided to keep it tight not open it up and get hit on counter backing themselves to keep them out. Yes it was a gamble but 1 up and ahead with such a huge moment so close it is understandable why they went that route.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I guess they decided to keep it tight not open it up and get hit on counter backing themselves to keep them out. Yes it was a gamble but 1 up and ahead with such a huge moment so close it is understandable why they went that route.
Well I guess if you put it that way that they have very rarely won a series in Australia that the moment and magnitude of it influenced their decisions.

Still on the face of it trying to sit on a six point lead with 40 minutes to go in the 2nd half is not recommended usually. Still as you say it worked so why hen peck at it.

Fantastic defence and a word in favour of ford's bombs is that they were all accurate.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Arise Sir Eddie...

Seriously, Itoje's come in and Hartley has returned, but this is more or less the same group of players who stunk up the world cup.

Think we're still a ways off NZ, but England are rightly #2 as of right.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I guess if you put it that way that they have very rarely won a series in Australia that the moment and magnitude of it influenced their decisions.

Still on the face of it trying to sit on a six point lead with 40 minutes to go in the 2nd half is not recommended usually. Still as you say it worked so why hen peck at it.

Fantastic defence and a word in favour of ford's bombs is that they were all accurate.
They've never won in Australia before.

Australia's strength in midfield kind of forced our hand though, as did the poor state of the pitch. We weren't doing much from set pieces and when it's just a straight fight between the backs we have absolutely no shot. Australia just kept coming without let up and yes, we could have tried to play ourselves out more but kicking for territory and trusting in defense probably felt less risky. Ultimately did win it for us too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Think Brown's poor displays this series has led to not many options going forward. Australia effectively had an extra man in the backline.

With the way Aus were handling it was a better bet than it'd normally be anyway. They were far too impatient. Throwing away penalty kicks starting to go from reckless to dumb arrogance too. When you have the players to get on top like Aus did in the second half you keep the scoreboard moving.

Phenomenal England defence as stated. Back row stood out but I'll tip the hat to Farrell who organised the midfield and Nowell who might have scored a few points on some of us.