• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Murray's been playing very well but he's been rather unclutch on BP's. Could cost him hard like it did for Federer.
Was going to say this, if that had cost him the set he'd have been kicking himself. Made sure he was super clinical in the tie break instead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The quality of the passing shots all match has been incredible.

I think if this goes how we think it will, Milos will know he lost to the better player, but at the same time he hasn't served to his potential.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weird how these things go. I guess the story will be all about how Lendl has got Murray back to Slam winning ways. I suspect it's more of a coincidence/lucky charm.

Uppercut

The quality of the passing shots all match has been incredible.

I think if this goes how we think it will, Milos will know he lost to the better player, but at the same time he hasn't served to his potential.
He's done really well to hold his serve so much given the quality of Murray's return. His serve might not be as good as it could be but it hasn't cost him at all.

I feel like his forehand return must be what's cost him. Or is it this bad all the time?

Last edited:

vcs

I bet Murray's really thankful not to have to play Federer, even in his aged, injury-ridden state. He'd have made it much closer. Beaten Murray comfortably the last 5-6 times they've played.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
His aggressive groundstrokes are what's kept him in the game so far despite his serve not being as effective as usual. He's still bossed most points on his serve in the last two sets.

vcs

C'mon Milos. You can't be making such poor misses at 0-3 in the tiebreak, two sets down. Anyway it's all over.