• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
But as I said, in sport things are possible and Agassi is no muck in clay. If you think he has been a muck in clay in the past 6-7 years, you havent been watching too much tennis I am afraid.
Agassi in one of the best allround tennis players I have watched. Reaching QF At Rolland Garros is not easy at all especially at his age.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
FYI. Andre won French Open in 1999 which is definately less than 6-7 years. :)
So I saw 1999 and misread it as 6 instead of 7. Still he's not been past the quarters since then, so why should this year be any different?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So I saw 1999 and misread it as 6 instead of 7. Still he's not been past the quarters since then, so why should this year be any different?
It's only 5 Marc unless you count 1999 as well :p .Btw before he won the French Open in 1999, Agassi had reached Quarters only once in previous 6 years.Who knows he might surprise you. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I counted it as 2005-1999 = 6 - made a mistake, but of course that might soon be altered (in fact I expect it will be)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
It's only 5 Marc unless you count 1999 as well :p .Btw before he won the French Open in 1999, Agassi had reached Quarters only once in previous 6 years.Who knows he might surprise you. :D
Marc has "troubles" at the best of times, at admitting to making a mistake

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the draw is out, Roddick appears to have the best draw of any of the top seeds and as usual Haas ends up in the toughest quarter with Ferrero, Kuerten, Coria, Robredo, Costa, Spadea, t Johansson and Davydenko. but given his form he will lose first round to Florian Mayer...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
broncoman said:
the draw is out, Roddick appears to have the best draw of any of the top seeds and as usual Haas ends up in the toughest quarter with Ferrero, Kuerten, Coria, Robredo, Costa, Spadea, t Johansson and Davydenko. but given his form he will lose first round to Florian Mayer...
Ferrero, Kuertern and Coria in the same quarter is tough. Will ease out the other quarters for some unfancied names to make the quarters..

Simon

Pratyush said:
Ferrero, Kuertern and Coria in the same quarter is tough. Will ease out the other quarters for some unfancied names to make the quarters..
Nadal and Federer have good runs to meet each other in the semis in the top half, the bottom half could be unpredictable, i feel any combination from Coria/Ferrero/Robredo vs Canas/Roddick/Agassi will be the semi finalists. that last quarter is definatey the easiest. if a shock came it would certainly be from that section.
Safin is also in the quarter with coria, haas, ferrero etc... but hes got little hope imo...

Simon

Anil said:
very, very, very, very, very unlikely....
given hes draw its not that unlikely, i know hes not great on the clay, but hes a chance of making th semis and if he does anything is possible from there

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I'm surprised Simon hasn't been all over this:

Haas puts Germany into final

I'll admit his singles form is pretty much non-existent, but I've seen players gain confidence from playing well in doubles and converting it to singles form.
i did see it, but he lost to robredo, 6 and 4 last night, apart from a good win over the also struggling Joachim Johansson, hes offered very little of late...
id say hes a chance fo a 3rd round showing at the french where he should get easily beaten by Coria...

Simon

Mayer just got thrashed 6-1 6-1 by Coria in the first tie of the final, Haas has to beat Gaudio to send it to a live doubles rubber...

Simon

maybe the predicited turn around is happening kyle, haas takes te first set from Gaudio 6-4, C'MOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Germany!!!!

Simon

Haas beats Gaudio 6-4 6-3 to send it to the doubles, I believe Haas and Waske will team up and play Canas and Chela

Simon

maybe i should have started a World Team cup thread then... this is the build up to the french open and has a bearing on the players form...

for the record Germany won the doubles and won the tournament :D