• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murray should have been doing that a lot earlier. When you know you're ****ed physically, step up, take the ball on the rise and go for broke early in the rally.

vcs

Awesome point Querrey, well deserved. Been flawless even though Murray is far from 100%. That can be tough to deal with when your opponent is clearly hampered.

flibbertyjibber

Shows how good the top guys are that they can reach this stage even when they are half fit. Clearly Murray has struggled all fortnight but you can't fault him for effort.

Well done Querrey and hope he wins his semi.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shows how good the top guys are that they can reach this stage even when they are half fit. Clearly Murray has struggled all fortnight but you can't fault him for effort.

Well done Querrey and hope he wins his semi.
Meh, he had Paire, Fognini and Brown, basket cases one-and-all, draw from heaven for him. Yet good fight from him when injured, but let's not buy into the myth too much.

just wondering how he'll win Sports Personality of the year this year.....

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I thought Cilic had this and it would be done at 4 sets....but no...going to 5. Muller not giving up here..

flibbertyjibber

Meh, he had Paire, Fognini and Brown, basket cases one-and-all, draw from heaven for him. Yet good fight from him when injured, but let's not buy into the myth too much.

just wondering how he'll win Sports Personality of the year this year.....
You stick to moaning how people aren't that hurt when they are out for the season like you did with Fletcher.

You best wait to see what Murray has done before claiming it wasn't anything that he did.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
cilic vs querrey then...berdych is his bunny so novak should breeze through...federer vs raonic too tough to call...

grecian

cilic vs querrey then...berdych is his bunny so novak should breeze through...federer vs raonic too tough to call...
Federer, there I called it. Despite Raonic's Wimbledon run last year, I don't particularly see that he moves well on the surface, Fed is so good against servebots, always breaks servet. Yet as we saw, my predictions are appalling.

flibbertyjibber

Djokovic injured as well. Maybe only one of the old 4 left but it's not exactly changing of the guard.
Murray and Djokovic have been lucky for the last 5 years or so, when injuries were catching up with Nadal and Federer they stayed relatively injury free, ironic that Federer who is the old man of the group is the fittest this tournament.

grecian

Fed just hit the GOAT button at 3-0 down in that tie-break, really can't see him not winning this, but thought that at the USopen when Cilic spoiled the party, could history repeat?

Cilic would win it almost totally from the baseline, but that's not that rare at Wimbledon nowadays.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Would also love a history repeats itself that sees Berdych beat Federer and Djokovic on the way to the final. Doesn't seem likely either, but then it didn't in 2010.

Be nice for him to get another shot at a Grand Slam.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Federer, there I called it. Despite Raonic's Wimbledon run last year, I don't particularly see that he moves well on the surface, Fed is so good against servebots, always breaks servet. Yet as we saw, my predictions are appalling.
this one was good, straight sets, didn't expect that...

vcs

Unfortunate to see Novak retire with injury.

If this was pre-2009 Federer, you could bet your life savings on him winning it from here, but he's had some trouble against big hitters on fast surfaces as he's grown older, and all three of the guys left in the draw fit the bill. Still, a big big chance for Federer to get another Wimbledon here.

Was a bit disappointed with Raonic's performance apart from a few flickers in the 3rd set, felt he might also have been carrying some sort of injury.