• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Without being super critical, it may help participation if you linked to the draws.
I figured that people who go on a Cricket website to talk about tennis would know how to find them. Never heard of Vondrousova, will keep an eye out.

Also, good luck all.

Howe_zat

Audio File
may as well compare Jessica Ennis with Daley Thompson. Such a pointless argument which only seems to happen in tennis rather than other sports.
I think that's because women's tennis is probably the best example of women's sport in the mainstream. An example for cricket to follow IMO.

Athletics is a bit different, it's so dominated by measurable times and distances that there's no room for the argument, whereas women's tennis is genuinely hard to compare to the men's game. The argument isn't interesting but it can at least exist.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That kid looks very good.

Hope everyone backed arguably the most in form player in the world at 5/4 today in a FIRST ROUND MATCH. I am pleased to say I had the grand sum of 0.00 on her. Idiot. com. :@
You talking about Reece Topley's girlfriend. She came in with an injury and doesn't like grass, seemed reasonable.

My Vondrousova punt went predictably well.....

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Raonic makes some very sloppy shots. Should have finished this match,instead he's 5-6 in the third and still not killing this third set.

vogue

Vekic playing really well against Konta..she has a good strong serve.. it's 7-7 in the third set.

Niall

International Coach
Enjoyed that Konta match, but don't really think she has much of a chance here, the US Open? Definitely.

Murray v Brown now, going to be a lot of fun this no matter the scoreline.

vogue

Enjoyed that Konta match, but don't really think she has much of a chance here, the US Open? Definitely.

Indeed. Love watching this guy,great hair too!! :cool:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Well, it'll be tough for her to recover, but Vekic is playing really well on grass, so if she could have a couple of quieter rounds, who knows? Wouldn't rule it out in a World where Ostapenko won her first slam. Got Sakkari next rather than Kris-Plis, so that is pretty easy.

A more understated good performance from Heather Watson, she really needed these couple of decent weeks.

Last edited: