• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grecian, I think some of your selections need double checking.

Kyrgois (20)
Wawrinka (5)
Khachanov (30)
Cilic (7)
Raonic (6)
Isner (23)
Berdych (11)
Djokovic (2)

Bertens (23)
Bacsinszky (19)
Pliskova (3)
Stephens (unseeded)
Strycova (22)
Ostapenko (13)
Konta (6)
Vesnina (15)

I'm going to be most annoyed if Kontaveit does well and I didn't pick her only because morgie did.
Which ones? Couldn't be arsed to think of too many names so went with Mischa and Alex, and Kris and Karo.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Murray (1)
Tsonga (12)
Muller (16)
Johnson (26)
Raonic (6)
Federer (3)
Simon (u)
F. López (19)

Mattek (u)
Makarova (u)
Ka. Plíšková (3)
Vande***** (24)
N. Osaka (u)
Barty (u)
Konta (6)
Azarenka (u)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murray (1)
Tsonga (12)
Muller (16)
Johnson (26)
Raonic (6)
Federer (3)
Simon (u)
F. López (19)

Mattek (u)
Makarova (u)
Ka. Plíšková (3)
Vande***** (24)
N. Osaka (u)
Barty (u)
Konta (6)
Azarenka (u)
Ha, 5/8 unseeded players making the quarters in the women's draw. The women's game is a mess when Serena's out of action.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, 5/8 unseeded players making the quarters in the women's draw. The women's game is a mess when Serena's out of action.
The women's game is quite interesting at the moment. Made so by the lack of really great players winning everything.

Still can't get used to there being a men's tournament at Eastbourne.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
nah, not his fault i was being deliberately obtuse as is my wont.
You have to pick someone from each section of the draw. So each section has 4 of the 32 seeds. Take for example Murray's section, none of your players are from that section, are they?

If you can, please pick 1 person from each of the 8 section's in the men's draw and the same for the women's. Also would be great if you put the seeding beside their name - makes it easier to work it out.

grecian

You have to pick someone from each section of the draw. So each section has 4 of the 32 seeds. Take for example Murray's section, none of your players are from that section, are they?

If you can, please pick 1 person from each of the 8 section's in the men's draw and the same for the women's. Also would be great if you put the seeding beside their name - makes it easier to work it out.
Without being super critical, it may help participation if you linked to the draws.

Murray (1)
Tsonga (12)
Karlovic (21)
Johnson (26)
Zverev (10)
Federer (6)
Coric (-)
Lopez (19)

Muguruza (14)
Makarova (-)
Ka Pliskova (3)
Pironkova (-)
Strykova (22)
Keys (17)
Kr Pliskova (-)
Vondroušová (-)

Watch out for the last one, she'll win slams.

Jarquis

Murray
Wawrinka
Nadal
Zverev
Raonic
Federer
Thiem
Djokovic

Muguruza
Kuznetsova