• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Salah barely counts as a squad member.

Bit surprised they'd get rid of Schürrle though.
Yes, my thoughts entirely.

Schurrle seems like a perfect Mourinho player in many ways. Hard working and reliable, technically proficient, effective rather than spectacular etc... I guess he must want to play more.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trust mid table mediocrity less than foreign imports these days. It's much harder to play for a club like Arsenal than west ham. Look at Jenko the other way.
Yeah Reid is pretty good but you're not expected to play football as a CB at West Ham.

La Liga is better by such a wide margin these days that it must surely be where the value is. He probably won't settle on time to make an impact this season, but neither would Reid, and buying players in January for the following season is way underrated IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah Reid is pretty good but you're not expected to play football as a CB at West Ham.

La Liga is better by such a wide margin these days that it must surely be where the value is. He probably won't settle on time to make an impact this season, but neither would Reid, and buying players in January for the following season is way underrated IMO.
Last line is so true.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That and because you wouldn't have been able to get him so cheaply once we're not run by a corrupt bunch of ****ing arsehole shysters who really ought to just **** off and die in a hole somewhere.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, signing players in Jan can be really good if you get it right. Unlikely you'll be able to make any marquee signings in the Jan windows, but any players you do manage to get will have the benefit of having a completely full pre-season with the team at the start of the next year, which makes loads of difference.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Were doing it with all our January signings to an extent, I mean we need them now but they are all on deals whereby we have the option to extend at the end of the season ie if we stay up. We're not signing players who are good enough for a relegation battle, we're signing players who Micky thinks will do a job this season and then be good enough for a promotion push next year

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Were doing it with all our January signings to an extent, I mean we need them now but they are all on deals whereby we have the option to extend at the end of the season ie if we stay up. We're not signing players who are good enough for a relegation battle, we're signing players who Micky thinks will do a job this season and then be good enough for a promotion push next year

Yep very wise, I know from experience getting out of the conference isn't easy.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Would be amazed if Milner isn't at City next year. There isn't a club he'd play for more who are near City's level.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's hardly new, although Southampton are the first club in England to have had some success with that model. Lyon have been operating that way for almost a decade.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it is pretty new tbh. Just because one side in France have operated that way for 10 years has almost no bearing on the recent cultural shift that has been seen in England which is a very recent thing.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
People are still resistant to it as well. Apparently Sunday Supplement were complaining that the next Newcastle manager wouldn't get complete control on transfers, and you've got people like Pulis resigning over not being completely in charge of everything. It's especially remarkable with Pulis, given his managerial skill set is quite limited.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Probably has the same "I'm not a one trick pony" delusions of grandeur that Redknapp and a few others have.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure he'd take such a position, but I imagine most big clubs, even those which take defending very seriously, probably would not be keen on his brand of defending.

Last edited: