• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can't believe that anyone could really turn down that much money, it just beyond ridiculous.

Spurs should take the money and bid £50m for Suarez...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can't believe that anyone could really turn down that much money, it just beyond ridiculous.

Spurs should take the money and bid £50m for Suarez...
Unless it is the first bid and they know Real will go higher. Spurs always play hardball when selling players and if they can get another few million then why not. I think it is obvious Bale will leave for Madrid now, just a case of how much they eventually get.

grecian

Unless it is the first bid and they know Real will go higher. Spurs always play hardball when selling players and if they can get another few million then why not. I think it is obvious Bale will leave for Madrid now, just a case of how much they eventually get.
Yeah, pretty much agree, Real won't want to lose face by not getting him now, so fleece them for everything. It's already stupid money. You don't really want a sulky player who wants out around, and he's pretty injury-prone, could see him popping a hamstring, and then Spurs losing a lot of money, when they actually sell him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Think I posted a picture of myself and Suarez earlier - I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the whole Liverpool squad, won't ever forget it.

Can't wait for the season proper!

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The rumours I was reading yesterday re Bale said that Real were now offering £50m plus Coentrao and Di Maria. Spurs couldn't possibly turn that down, could they? Two top quality players plus cash to buy two more.

Add that to Paulinho and (probably) Soldado and Spurs as a whole are looking a far stronger (not to mention far more Iberian) all-round team.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I definitely wouldn't have said so. I'd expect them to get something around £100m for Bale and Di Maria+Coentrao combined aren't worth £50m. I'm not a big fan of players stepping down from big clubs. It's much easier to play in a high-quality team, especially a very technically sound one, so they generally won't look quite as good for the smaller club as they looked at Madrid or Barca.

It is of course nonsense anyway. Both of those players featured heavily for Madrid last season and if they move they surely won't be going to a club outside the CL.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a huge, huge admirer of Bale but I can't genuinely see £100m+ for his sevices - that would be insanity IMO.

This deal is supposedly "worth" £95m - £25m for Di Maria and £20m for Coentrao in addition to the cash. Not sure about Di Maria but Coentrao definitely wants out of Madrid so it's just a case of whether or not he'd move to Spurs.

grecian

I'm a huge, huge admirer of Bale but I can't genuinely see £100m+ for his sevices - that would be insanity IMO.

This deal is supposedly "worth" £95m - £25m for Di Maria and £20m for Coentrao in addition to the cash. Not sure about Di Maria but Coentrao definitely wants out of Madrid so it's just a case of whether or not he'd move to Spurs.
Yet Real have painted themselves in a corner by going after him so openly, Perez won't want to lose face. It's utter lunacy. I love the fact Levy is saying he's mad about it all, yeah really mate you're ****ing loving it.

I'm no marcus when it come to Bale, but he's not half the Player of the big two, one of which Real have. Oh and one of Bale's main assets is free-kicks, can see that going down well with Cristiano.

Spurs are moving into a very strong position, because of Real's idiocy. Oh obviously I don't rate rumours of exchange deals, as I've previously stated.

It really put's another twist in what could be a genuinely fascinating season.

Pothas

I definitely wouldn't have said so. I'd expect them to get something around £100m for Bale and Di Maria+Coentrao combined aren't worth £50m. I'm not a big fan of players stepping down from big clubs. It's much easier to play in a high-quality team, especially a very technically sound one, so they generally won't look quite as good for the smaller club as they looked at Madrid or Barca.

It is of course nonsense anyway. Both of those players featured heavily for Madrid last season and if they move they surely won't be going to a club outside the CL.
Yeah I am sure it will not happen and agree in general with the point about big players stepping down but those two players, Di Maria in particular, are perfect AVB types.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely agree about Real painting themselves into a corner. The prevailing wisdom seemed to be that Bale to Real was inevitable - but next season. By going so hard so publicly for him now, Real simply have to get their man. Even then, upping their rumoured bid (whether it be the exchange deal or the £86m straight cash) still further would be almost be sailing into nose/spite/face/self-harm territory.

Say what you like about Levy, the bloke knows how to sell a player.

Pothas

Not always so good at buying them though, failure to buy a striker in January really cost them.