• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Club Statement: Joe Thompson

Jesus ****ing Christ, bloke is in his early 20s with a bright future ahead. Started the season on fire and then just wasn't himself and now we know why. ****ing awful, this has shattered me.
Know how it feels, completely. All wishes for speedy recovery.

70 minutes of crap at Fratton Park today - then 25 of the most memorable minutes at a City game, where we never stopped singing - in memory of Stanno - and the whole atmosphere ratcheted it up and up. Really could have levelled it late on after looking dead and buried at 3-0. I can't imagine there have been many fourth tier atmospheres like that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Arsenal just too good, really. When Flanagan starts you know it's going to be a terrible night.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Is it me, or does Brendan Rodgers look like the love child of Christopher Eccleston and a toad?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spurs are an odd combination of extremely attacking and kind of dull to watch. Sandro looks exactly like silentstriker.

Uppercut

Ha yeah we all know what you think about Spurs. Decent result for them though.

It's interesting that the two best defences so far have been from Spurs and Southampton, two really proactive teams that always look to dominate. Really makes the Moyes school of defending by getting everyone behind the ball look dated.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ha, yes, quite.

Looks like I will have to eat my words re: my prediction that Norwich would do better this year. It's not like I thought they would set the world alight or anything, but they really have been abject. One suspects that Chris Hughton may be getting his P45 if things don't turn around quickly. Martin Jol must also be getting nervous.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Malkay Mackay got to be a decent chance for both jobs, his stock is pretty hight at the moment and surley he will be looking to get away from Cardiff.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
At the same time I think for him, moving to either Norwich or Fulham definitely represents a bit of a risk that he could maybe do without.

Pothas

Suppose it depends quite how unbearable the situation at Cardiff is. Fulham is still a decent job, sure they are crap at the moment but you would still expect them to stay up.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Suppose it depends quite how unbearable the situation at Cardiff is. Fulham is still a decent job, sure they are crap at the moment but you would still expect them to stay up.
I don't.

Their squad is **** and they've been woeful for absolutely ages.

Uppercut

It doesn't have much quality but the real problem is that it's the oldest in the division. Coupled with the fact that Al Fayed has left and it's not an especially big club makes the future look a bit bleak and it's always a bad idea to take charge of a club when it looks like things are about to get worse for them. Cardiff are a mess but they at least look like they're moving in the right direction, they're the only club in a major city, the possibilities look so much better.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Fulham probably won't go down, the existence of Sunderland and Palace is a lifesaver for those teams this season. As bad as Fulham are I think Norwich are the worst of the rest.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's not that bad, is it? Senderos aside.
It's full of dross like Sidwell, Senderos, Parker, Berbatov, Bent - players that were pretty decent 5 years ago but who aren't any more.

They've been seriously crap for a long time as well, I'm pretty sure their record over the last 40 or so games is appalling.

grecian

Blimey it wasn't long ago that all the English Press was talking about Parker as the best midfielder in the country, thankfully that blip is forgotten, and we can all admit he's average, now. :)