• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Souths have struck a goldmine with that family. He's a got a ****ing twin.

Incidentally, how did Taylor go with the Titans? and Jamal, heard he's in the best shape of his life.
Taylor didn't play a lot of minutes. Had some impact when he was on, but not outstanding. Scored a try which basically fell into his lap, he actually could have improved the position of the kick that would have tied the game at 12-12.

howardj

International Coach
Thinking about this ASADA investigation yesterday, and seriously if I was Cronulla, the NRL or any other team, I would give ASADA nothing - no early guilty pleas, nothing. I'd be saying, you show me the positive tests, you show me hard evidence...otherwise rack off and leave the game alone. ASADA rely for their existence on Government funding, and it's like they are after some scalps, some scapegoats. All they have done so far is smear the whole code with **** all real evidence (as distinct from intelligence). No way would I be pleading guilty and copping six month bans.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
That might work for the other teams implicated, but Cronulla actually have a whistleblower who is presumably willing to give evidence against them. I think it might be a bit too late for battening down the hatches.

I also think they're painfully aware of the possibility of this killing the club which is why they're willing to work more closely with the authorities than is perhaps necessary.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
as long as womanly lose their ill gotten flags i'm happy
yeah dw i got some pretty good info that 17 manly players current and former are in trouble with ASADA and that their 08 and 11 premierships could be stripped, apparently steve menzies rolled over to ASADA and gave them all the info. supposedly the Knights are ****ed to 7 players could be suspended, apparently Jeremy Smith was the **** who brought it there from cronulla

uvelocity

International Coach
it was funny last night on nrl 360 anasta and mason were going on about injecting would be the red flag to make them ask what they were taking, but wouldn't ask the question and just go on trust for other stuff. he said drinks- and what i found more interesting was he sort of mentioned tablets as well. even the guys who havent been injecting (are there really any?) could have been taking just about anything orally

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't want to see any club destroyed over drugs. Hate Manly as much as the next guy and wish them every misfortune, but crap like this undermines the game in a massive way. It's **** for any footy fan.

On another note, Josh Dugan really is one of the stupidest bogans to ever lace a boot.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
it was funny last night on nrl 360 anasta and mason were going on about injecting would be the red flag to make them ask what they were taking, but wouldn't ask the question and just go on trust for other stuff. he said drinks- and what i found more interesting was he sort of mentioned tablets as well. even the guys who havent been injecting (are there really any?) could have been taking just about anything orally
not uncommon among manly players tbf

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It was never going to last gents. Cmon, it's Parra.

In all seriousness they look wayyyyyyy better this year. Sandow doesn't look like a cupcake and there's more energy in the forwards. They're not going to win it (they had enough ball to kill the Dogs 3 times over in that second half) but I seriously doubt they'll get the spoon.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Much improved over last year. But I doubt they'll be winning much unless Hayne and Sandow both fire.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
First time I'm properly watching a Rugby League game, having grown up on Union and 7s. This Broncos v. Dragons game is quite the nail biter.

the big bambino

International Captain
Anyone noticed Tim Gilbert's new do? Makes him look like a tranny. In fact like he's some way through the process to change ***es to a woman

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
First time I'm properly watching a Rugby League game, having grown up on Union and 7s. This Broncos v. Dragons game is quite the nail biter.
As a serial nail bitter, I wasn't too nervous at all as the Dragons attack is terrible. Drinkwater has to play ahead of Fien and I agree with Coronis that Morris needs more ball so he should probably go back to fullback. I mean Beale can always play centre and Stanley/Vidot can battle it out for the wing spot.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
As a serial nail bitter, I wasn't too nervous at all as the Dragons attack is terrible. Drinkwater has to play ahead of Fien and I agree with Coronis that Morris needs more ball so he should probably go back to fullback. I mean Beale can always play centre and Stanley/Vidot can battle it out for the wing spot.
I think the reason Beale signed with the Dragons was for the fullback spot though. That might be part of it.

Why did Brett never move into center like his brother anyway?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think the reason Beale signed with the Dragons was for the fullback spot though. That might be part of it.

Why did Brett never move into center like his brother anyway?
Yeah he did but currently I don't think its the best option for the team. I mean there is talk about Dugan joining the club so he is far from a fixed fullback who isn't capable of playing other positions (as you know).

Will be an interesting game against the Raiders next round. Raiders always win regardless of how the teams are performing.