• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Merritt, nice bloke though he seems and fine club player, just demonstrated why he had not been picked before. Too small, too light. Wingers in Origin are really there to bring the ball back powerfully. He can't do it.

Assuming ferguson is unavaillable for game three, I would bring in Uate. Dugan not a patch on Hayne at fullback either.

Well played Qld. They were always going to come out hard, and with Shane Gommersall refereeing they were able to benefit from some early penalties which got them up and going even more.

Was also great to see 50,000 Queenslanders chanting their entire vocabulary for the full 80 minutes.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Now the rest can see what those who knew why Merritt wasn't picked before. You have to have pace, size and a bit of flash in origin. Dugan, though a ****, has it. Needs to control his brain explosions. The best you could expect from Merritt is that he plays a good sound positional game but he wandered off his wing defensively a few times. So he didn't even offer good percentages. Uate makes the same errors in defence but atleast can run and break a tackle. I'd have had him ahead of Merritt. Anyway the experiment is over hopefully we get back Hayne and still find a spot for Dugan. You know he's big enough to come off the bench and play as a back rower...

uvelocity

International Coach
just put d00gan on the wing ffs

was hard work ripping into the qlders, highlight was when their 2 got sent off, especially tate. was laughing in their faces and giving em all a one fingered salute. pretty depressing by the end though

dermo

International Vice-Captain
tigers premiership run is well and truly on, tim simona forever beau ryan never

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This is by a long long way the ****tiest luck I've had in DT. My starters last night were Peta Hiku, Maloney and Tuivasa Sheck. First 2 surprise outs earlier in the day, the last one goes off with an injury. Balls.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Maloney was like 99% confirmed out as of Thursday and there was heaps of talk that Stewart would return. So basically uvelocitypoints > you. :dry:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Maloney was like 99% confirmed out as of Thursday and there was heaps of talk that Stewart would return. So basically uvelocitypoints > you. :dry:
Yeah I didn't have anyone to replace them with anyway really. This week was always going to be scary because I have a heap of Bulldogs and Eels in my team. Tolman, Hodgkinson, Halatau, Brown, Loko, Hayne.

Smith being out for a single week made things tricky too. I have both him and Farah in the team but do I trade him if he's out for a single week?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm not sure hey. I don't really enjoy Dream Team - NearlySport is where its at.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With NUFAN on this one. I play on CribbSim's NNRL competition, it's a gun format.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep, he is a huge talent, glad he is from QLD.

Perth really do deserve an NRL team hey, they are ticking all the right boxes and the time difference is great for all scheduling. I hate how nein do the delayed 4pm coverage, I watched the game with the 9 commentators LIVE online, crazy that the TV people actually think they get more viewers watching the commercials of a delayed game over a live game with a short commercial break at stoppages during coverage.