• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Hannant would be a good pick for Game 2 imo. Far better than Shillington. You guys really need Inglis at FB though. Good luck with that though, Mal will keep on with Slater though.

uvelocity

International Coach
hannant was dead for game 1. he will be in for sure for game 2

was having a discussion last night about how qld is a bit like the aus cricket team where the legends being locks for so long can really hinder the development of the next generation. although qld does still have some depth, feel nsw is approaching an age where we will be spoilt for choice and qld will be searching

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

was having a discussion last night about how qld is a bit like the aus cricket team where the legends being locks for so long can really hinder the development of the next generation. although qld does still have some depth, feel nsw is approaching an age where we will be spoilt for choice and qld will be searching
Yeah, it's going to be hard to compete with the likes of DCE, Pappalli (sp), Millford, Barba, Yow Yeh (when returns from injury), Inglis (who is still mid 20s), Gillett who already has a series under his belt and McGuire. It is really in the front row that we lack depth at moment.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

I might be well off here because I don't really follow NRL but I do remember the commentators at some point bringing up the stat that Queensland's side was the oldest ever side picked for Origin in terms of combined age. Which to me smacked of "you guys have won us the last 7 series, go and win another one" selection.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah i heard them say that too, and not surprised. i think there is a bit of that kind of selection policy with slater, but that aside all the rest really still are the best players in their positions. i feel a couple of them have declined a bit, which says to me that if the next crop aren't going past them that qld will as a team - much like the cricket team - decline in the near future.

the only one above i'd agree with is that DCE is a serious gun being held back. the rest are hit and miss - nowhere near the quality of the legends.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Again with Slater. He is still a champion.

Brent Tate and Ashley Harrison who are 31 and 32 respectively are the two guys who have done very well for Queensland but could be cut if you wanted to blood in a few younger players. Papalli and O'Neill could come in and Parker, despite being of similar age to Harrison, is in better form and could fill his role.

This is if you want to blood youngsters, personally I would definitely bring in Papalii but I would keep Tate.

uvelocity

International Coach
lol noofs getting canky, of course slater is awesome - he's the second best fullback in the world man.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe this whole Moylan situation. Not just from a Panther perspective but the NRL has a star starting to shine and punt him back to NSW cup on a technicality. Ridiculous.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I just think the second best rugby league fullback in the entire universe should get a spot in the QLD starting side on the wing (if you don't play him at fullback) ahead of club fullback Darius Boyd and club centre Brent Tate.

You'd be canky too if you were so far back in the tipping comp.

uvelocity

International Coach
i am so far back in the tipping comp, plus i have ****ing brumby in the dreamteam this week

and yeah sausage it's hurt us too - stupid rule

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can't believe this whole Moylan situation. Not just from a Panther perspective but the NRL has a star starting to shine and punt him back to NSW cup on a technicality. Ridiculous.
Oh yeah, its a complete joke. There has to be some way around it. Can't they heavily back-end his contract and/or pay him absolute peanuts for the remainder of the season and the clubs looks after him in terms of rent/food/pocket money etc.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's talk of Inglis going to wing to get him more involved and a chance of bringing the ball back. It certainly would be good having a back 3 of Slater, Inglis & Boyd. Tate can swap with Inglis at Centre.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Again with Slater. He is still a champion.

Brent Tate and Ashley Harrison who are 31 and 32 respectively are the two guys who have done very well for Queensland but could be cut if you wanted to blood in a few younger players. Papalli and O'Neill could come in and Parker, despite being of similar age to Harrison, is in better form and could fill his role.

This is if you want to blood youngsters, personally I would definitely bring in Papalii but I would keep Tate.
Pretty much everything good Qld did in game one centred around Parker. He was easily their best forward IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah exactly Burgey, which is why I think Parker could be the starting lock and we'd have to make a decision if Harrison offers enough from the bench or is it better having Te'o for impact.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Hannant
16. Shillington
17. Te'o

So that's Hannant and Papalii in for McQueen and Harrison. It just makes us look so much more tougher which is needed since we got completely out-muscled for the first 60 minutes.

Harsh on Harrison, not so much on McQueen.

How'd you go at Jupiters anyway, staying anywhere close to the Strand?

uvelocity

International Coach
holy ****, it's like one of those south african horse races when you check your ticket and that $28 nag got up!
plus brumby is going down in the dt!
what a lucky day
taste it lossuage!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah exactly Burgey, which is why I think Parker could be the starting lock and we'd have to make a decision if Harrison offers enough from the bench or is it better having Te'o for impact.

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Hannant
16. Shillington
17. Te'o

So that's Hannant and Papalii in for McQueen and Harrison. It just makes us look so much more tougher which is needed since we got completely out-muscled for the first 60 minutes.

Harsh on Harrison, not so much on McQueen.

How'd you go at Jupiters anyway, staying anywhere close to the Strand?
Went very well Saturday night thanks mate. Very well indeed. We stayed at Jupiters but went down to the pub on the Strand on Friday night to watch the LolEels then for breakfast at that place right on the water opposite the Coffee Club.

Disappointed we didn't get to Watermark for lunch or dinner. It's a cracking restaurant.