• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pennie power!

Storm losing even before all their Origin absences is heartening.

Souths a geniune chance now? Looking increasingly like the team most likely too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
****! YES!

Wish I'd been there :( Scheduling a game on Mothers Day evening is so rotten.

Wouldn't be writing the Storm off yet though. Long way to go and they've slumped like this before only to come back stronger.

Matt Moylan :wub: Flash who?

uvelocity

International Coach
watching the souths game i was ready to tip against them this week until i realised they were playing us

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eels forever

Tigers never

Even though my grandfather played for Balmain pre-war.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Eels forever

Tigers never

Even though my grandfather played for Balmain pre-war.
name?

2 of my great great uncles played for Balmain around the glory days of the first world war and the early 20's. Chook Fraser (only an uncle by marriage) and Billy Schultz

Burgey

name?

2 of my great great uncles played for Balmain around the glory days of the first world war and the early 20's. Chook Fraser (only an uncle by marriage) and Billy Schultz
Noel (Ted) Burge. Played a few games pre-war. Was in a Presidents Cup winning side in the 30s apparently, still got his blazer from that at home.

Burgey

Any relation to Frank Burge?
Not that I'm aware of, nor to Peter for that matter.

I think my grandfather's greatest claim to RL fame was during WW2 before he went to New Guinea and they had an inter-Battalion competition. In those days, because there wasn't widespread newspapers in the bush and certainly no TV, Ted and all his mates informed everyone that he was in fact this bloke so when they played a huge crowd turned up in Tamworth to watch the NSW rep and goal kicking freak go 'round.

Unfortunately, he missed every kick in the game and the crowd started to think it was a put on until he, by his own admission, completely fluked a last minute conversion from the side line to win his team the game.

He and his mates did it so the locals would buy them free beers. Apparently it worked a treat.

Burgey

Lol. Used to love Anzac Days with all his old army mates. Some of the stories they told were ridiculous.

Burgey

So Lusick gets two weeks for fighting when he runs in to help Allgood who had three Scumcos on him, while Maguire who started the stink gets nothing.

#freeDarcy