• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Keep misreading this thread title as 'Tour de Farce'

Though with the recent round of revelations...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't even know what to say about Froome
Arguably the most divisive figure in sport currently. Which is no mean feat itself when one considers the competition: Kaepernick, Fury, Smith, McGregor et al.

I'd like to believe he's clean, but I'd like to believe in Father Christmas too. The available evidence suggests otherwise.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can those who have some knowledge of cycling tell me where Richie Porte ranks among the current crop? Is he a chance at winning a grand tour, even the TDF, or is he not in that league?
He's just not in that league.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think the Zwift servers can cope with the demand for Virtual Tour de France but it would be kinda fun
It's been interesting that Zwift hasn't engaged in the official virtual races so far.

Ronde van Vlaanderen and Amstel Gold were on BKool and the Tour de Suisse was on Rouvy. Zwift is still coasting off the back of that partnership with the Giro 2 years ago in that regard.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
cavs comeback is maybe the most insane thing
Impressive display of bitterness from Eddie Merckx when the media asked him what he thought of Cavendish equalling his record for tour stage wins. From The Guardian.

Eddie Merckx said:
Of course there’s a difference between us.

I won 34 Tour stages by winning sprints, in the mountains, in time trials and going on the attack on the descents.

Let’s not forget the five yellow jerseys I’ve got at home plus the 96 days I wore it. Does that not seem much?