• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Halsey under strict orders it seems.
It's weird how the English media hate yellow cards. Leaving defenders free to cynically hack the opposition again later is a virtue, for some reason.

This is terrible. Nani's so, so bad.

Uppercut

Shelvey gone. Fair enough decision, sometimes you get away with them but it's such a stupid tackle to make, dire technique.

Eds

International Debutant
Shelvey gone. Fair enough decision, sometimes you get away with them but it's such a stupid tackle to make, dire technique.
Looked so much worse in real time as well. Looked more like a 50:50 in the replay.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Shelvey got away with the exact same thing around fifteen minutes before that, should've learnt his lesson.

Uppercut

Do red cards ever actually "ruin games as a spectacle"? I always thought they made them better, always adds another level of intrigue. Maybe not if they're for the losing team, but surely it improves them at least as often as it ruins them.

Uppercut

Has a point about Evans. Both players go to ground at pace in opposite directions. He's very lucky that a) Shelvey caught him rather than the other way round and b) he wasn't seriously injured.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do red cards ever actually "ruin games as a spectacle"? I always thought they made them better, always adds another level of intrigue. Maybe not if they're for the losing team, but surely it improves them at least as often as it ruins them.

It can do, if United had been one-up then the game is over, or against lesser oppo. Seen it dozens of times. In this situation, probably no.

I always say that the last World Cup final, was a perfect example of sending offs maybe making a game better, if they'd happened. Couldn't have been any worse.

I'm old School, so I would have just booked Shelvey, but as Citizen Neville said, Evans was just as wild, so send them both off.

Uppercut

It can do, if United had been one-up then the game is over, or against lesser oppo. Seen it dozens of times. In this situation, probably no.

I always say that the last World Cup final, was a perfect example of sending offs maybe making a game better, if they'd happened. Couldn't have been any worse.

I'm old School, so I would have just booked Shelvey, but as Citizen Neville said, Evans was just as wild, so send them both off.
Yeah definitely. Also a good illustration of what I was saying earlier about the odd English fervent opposition to bookings.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Only surprise is that it took 46 minutes. United's abject inability to show up at Anfield year after year getting really boring.

Well deserved lead for Liverpool though - absolutely pantsing us.

Uppercut

Ahaha Rafaelllll. Beauty.

We only start playing when behind, isn't this exactly what happened last season too?