• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mancini gone. Confirmed by the club.
Having worked with the owner's family for 7 years, I can guarantee that they would have nfi what "a more holistic approach to football" means

Simple fact is they have no clue how to run a club (look at the turnover of managers in the UAE as evidence) and guys like Mancini are easier targets than the players who are hero-worshipped

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
From the outside, I find it incredible that as a manager you can win the Premiership for a club that hadn't even dreamed of winning it for so many years and then one year later be sacked. We here in Australia talk about the pressure on coaches at our various football codes, but it seriously doesn't even compare to club football around the world. The expectations are so high, it is on a completely different level!

Of course these managers get paid a ridiculous amount of cash so fair enough. But still, so hard to comprehend how you can go from hero to sacked in such a short amount of time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ftr, not commenting at all as to whether it was the right or wrong move as I wouldn't have a clue. Just find it fascinating.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
City fans seem divided on the issue from what I've read and heard. Noel Gallagher said he wanted him to stay but finishing the season without a trophy probably justified it. Seems about right.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Three years in charge and a truckload of money spent for one cup win, one much-needed League win, failure in Europe, a poor defence of the title and finally a disappointing exit.

So, what next for Mourinho?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd have sacked Mancici for his comments whenever he opened his mouth. It wasn't just the results; he sounds genuinely deluded, which is not a great starting point for managing a side.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From the outside, I find it incredible that as a manager you can win the Premiership for a club that hadn't even dreamed of winning it for so many years and then one year later be sacked. We here in Australia talk about the pressure on coaches at our various football codes, but it seriously doesn't even compare to club football around the world. The expectations are so high, it is on a completely different level!

Of course these managers get paid a ridiculous amount of cash so fair enough. But still, so hard to comprehend how you can go from hero to sacked in such a short amount of time.
It's not that he isn't a hero anymore. It's just an example of good, pro-active management. Everyone acknowledges that Mancini has by and large done a very good job at Citeh but with Pellegrini having become available he's probably not the best man to take the club forward. Mancini would have preferred to stay but it isn't a disaster for him, he'll get a huge payoff and will have no trouble finding another high-profile job.

Sports fans are too hung up on the 'fairness' of decisions sometimes, but what he's done isn't directly relevant. It's about what he can do in the future and whether there's another option for the job who could do better, and in this case, there probably is.

EDIT: He also seems to have fallen out with a lot of the staff.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There is a thread on the official United site forum entitled "Is Fabregas really an upgrade on Anderson?" and arguing that he wouldn't improved United's midfield.

I can't see any evidence that it's a joke.
The idea of Fabregas playing for either Utd or Chelsea would be as close to vomit-inducingly-ghastly as anything I could imagine in football tbh. Would be far worse than the whole Van Persie thing, for me, at least.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not that he isn't a hero anymore. It's just an example of good, pro-active management. Everyone acknowledges that Mancini has by and large done a very good job at Citeh but with Pellegrini having become available he's probably not the best man to take the club forward. Mancini would have preferred to stay but it isn't a disaster for him, he'll get a huge payoff and will have no trouble finding another high-profile job.

Sports fans are too hung up on the 'fairness' of decisions sometimes, but what he's done isn't directly relevant. It's about what he can do in the future and whether there's another option for the job who could do better, and in this case, there probably is.

EDIT: He also seems to have fallen out with a lot of the staff.
:laugh:

Same company owns Al Jazira FC in Abu Dhabi who have had 6 managers in the last 2 seasons

They have no ****ing idea and Mancini was lucky to last as long as he did

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The idea of Fabregas playing for either Utd or Chelsea would be as close to vomit-inducingly-ghastly as anything I could imagine in football tbh. Would be far worse than the whole Van Persie thing, for me, at least.
Really? Hope it happens.

Where's duffer these days?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really? Hope it happens.

Where's duffer these days?
Yeah, there's something about Fabregas that made him very much our player imo. Still think of him as being an Arsenal guy, somehow. Always liked VP, but never wore his heart on his sleeve in quite the same way. Cesc also was integral to the side for a far longer period of time, have many fond memories.

Would be horrid to see him turn out for Utd or Chelsea. Hope it never happens.

Edit: No idea where Duffer is actually, was wondering about him the other day myself. Found something better to do than to spend prolonged periods of time online, one suspects, haha.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Fabregas would be about as good a signing as we could possibly make if Rooney stays. And not just because it'd piss off sledger, although that helps.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd love to see Fabregas at United but I could only see him coming back for Arsenal. If he was available and willing to move they'd surely be insane to pass it up, given they have both first option to buy him and the money to do so.

And quite frankly a Fabregas-Wilshere midfield partnership sounds frighteningly good.

Uppercut

That's some seriously crap defending from Wigan. Arsenal have been really tight lately so looks like that's them down and it's not hard to see why.