• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remove the red-tinted glasses, please.
In random order

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Zlatan, Falcao, RVP, Cavani, Suarez, Pirlo, Fabregas and Yaya all comfortably ahead and then there's a whole host of people who I don't see any reason why he should be ahead of - Neymar, Aguero, Ribery, Mata, Schweinsteiger, Goetze, Reus, Kroos - hell Santi, Ozil.
I've not even mentioned defenders or keepers - Silva, Ramos, Chiellini, hell even Kompany even though he's not been quite so great this year.
Vidal has been insane for Juve this season, likewise Hamsik for Napoli. Lewandowski's been banging in goals for fun.

There are so many players that Bale is closer to in terms of ability than Ronaldo it's not even funny.

Jarquis

He's just so vastly overrated.
He's a very good player, as we've established but it's the talk of him being worth £65m or being better than Ronaldo that just really grates me.

He's barely been better than Walcott ffs and I think you'd be doing well to convince 80% of the public he was worth £20m before this season.

A few figures from 09/10-Christmas last year.

Jarquis

I don't understand why Barcelona didn't bid £90m for Walcott either.
Yep, because exactly what I was saying in the above posts was that (a) Bale's valuation was correct and seeing as (b) Walcott is a better player (c)he should've been worth more than the touted figure for Bale.

Or did I actually say none of those three things?

grecian

Stats eh?

Anyway This is why I desperately want QPR to go down, note the QPR goal is down to the 'arry effect, presumably the other 3 goals in the game was nowt to do with him guv'nor.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chelsea are ****ing mad for not wanting to keep Lampard around. Still so valuable, even at 34.
Knock is Terry and him are on the outers with Roman because of the AVB oust, dressing room power thing.

Football wise it makes no sense because he's never had pace to lose.

Jarquis

Just loling at the idea of any footballer being 'comfortably' better than Bale.
There's this short Argentine chap who's been doing quite well in La Liga I've heard?

Btw, has anyone actually read the Stelling interview?
What Bale's got that Ronaldo hasn't is incredible strength and power
lolz.

Sagna incredible today which was nice to see as he's been below par for a while. Wojciech excellent too, should shut up the few who are still bemoaning us not signing a keeper 18 months ago.

Something so satisfying about holding on to a 1-0.

Oh, and left him out earlier for fear of 'red-tinted glasses' but there's no way in hell I'd rather Bale than Wilshere.

grecian

There's this short Argentine chap who's been doing quite well in La Liga I've heard?

Btw, has anyone actually read the Stelling interview?

lolz.

Sagna incredible today which was nice to see as he's been below par for a while. Wojciech excellent too, should shut up the few who are still bemoaning us not signing a keeper 18 months ago.

Something so satisfying about holding on to a 1-0.

Oh, and left him out earlier for fear of 'red-tinted glasses' but there's no way in hell I'd rather Bale than Wilshere.

I like Jeff, but it's really got little to do with owt, if one bloke rates him higher than Messi, it's not a tragedy. He's probably addled from watching Hartlepool all these years, can't blame him.

Oh and I'd rather have Bale, because he's not potentially a crock.

Jarquis

I just find it depressing and hilarious in equal measure that the guy who's the main host of the nation's most popular football reporting show is just so, so stupid.