• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean, if he played tonight we probably would have lost
I think it's time Sam Thaiday ignoring the fact Colin Scott has him by the collar and is challenging him to stand up and have a go while Sammy yells over Colin's shoulder at one of the littler NSW blokes deserves a run alongside Benderella.

Johnners

I think it's time Sam Thaiday ignoring the fact Colin Scott has him by the collar and is challenging him to stand up and have a go while Sammy yells over Colin's shoulder at one of the littler NSW blokes deserves a run alongside Benderella.
I've read this sentence 6 times out aloud and I still can't make complete sense of it :S

Son Of Coco

You'd need to get a non-QLD paper to have heard about it...or have seen the pictures.

Edit: Or, you could change Colin Scott to Beau Scott and it might make more sense!

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Should I take out the QLD player's name and replace it with a NSWelshman? I'm sure bells will ring then :happy:

I'll summarise, just in case. Sam's a soft as **** and picks fights with little blokes.

Johnners

No no it's not that, I get that (and agree ftr, hate Thaiday) it's just the general structure of the sentence that has me tripping. Are you saying that Thaiday and Creagh are alike (and there's a missing comma after "Thaiday" and "blokes")?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Looked everywhere, but all I could find was a picture of thirdman picking a fight with his cat.

howardj

International Coach
Too much dropped ball from our guys, but great NSW defence.

Anyway, no need to panic. Although we've won six series in a row, it hasn't been a period of total domination within the series' themselves.

think the majority have gone to a decider or at least not been clean sweeps.

I'm still confident that we'll get them up here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only been one series clean sweep since 2001 I heard last night.

Certainly defence won it for NSW. Much as I love him, Uate probably has to go. Including ensuing conversions, he's actually gifted Qld 24 points this series so far. Wonderful attacking player, but you can't play as a winger at that level and not contest the high ball. Unfortunate for him. Not sure who I'd bring into the side in his place, as I generally don't pay much attention to wingers.

Good to see Carney take the line on, he was a lot better I think last inight. That money ball he threw for the Stewart try was a thing of beauty.

Qld deserving of favouritism at home, but they really are two extremely even teams this year, despite having strengths in different areas.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No expert on league rules but how does Hayne get away with dropping the ball cold without it being called back for a knock-on

It used to be irrelevant whether it fell on his foot as a result (unintentional kick iirc) so they must have changed the rules
He kicked it before it hit the ground.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lololol luke burt.

If Mick Gordon was available and fully fit I would consider it, but there is no one else. Utai can be good, I know it didn't seem like a big play, but the fact that he got his hands onto the ball before knocking on and running to the try line, that was a crucial play.

uvelocity

International Coach
that was a charge down :ph34r:

yeah I know lol luke burt, and yeah gordon is injured. Uate won't be replaced so it's moot, and most likely would be borris anyway. But just trying to think of a nsw goalkicking winger