• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Galloway gets talked about like he's the new Steve Roach. He's a solid club player at best. He's a rep level myth, like Lawrence. Shouldn't get anywhere near a NSW jumper. Can't believe the Tigers rely on him to the extent they do. Patten was a better player than Galloway.
Yep, fully agreed. The Nine commentary team in particular blow smoke up his arse and he's definitely not an Origin standard player. He's really important for the Tigers though because of how crap the rest of their middle third rotation is, especially when Sheens insists on playing Blair on the edges.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh I find it remarkable the amount of smoke which gets blown up the Tigers' arse by that commentary team. It's like Nicholas and Healy calling an Australian ODI it's that bad.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's just Gould really who loves their style. Although I think that Gould's questions to Lockyer throughout the night were very good (perhaps more so to Bronco fans).

Quite a boring game really, always good to get the 2 points away from home against one of the bottom teams.

Loltzen was horrid. Tigers should of hung on to Mitch Brown who would be the starting fullback by now with Moltzen being the back on the bench - he's a good player in support Moltzen, but yeah defensively he's the worst fullback in the comp.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haven't seen the game due to test cricket commitments, but WTF happened to Heighington? Scored me 7 in the DT.

**** better be injured or dead, tbh.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, fully agreed. The Nine commentary team in particular blow smoke up his arse and he's definitely not an Origin standard player. He's really important for the Tigers though because of how crap the rest of their middle third rotation is, especially when Sheens insists on playing Blair on the edges.
I heard an interview with Sheens on Grandstand today. He was asked about Blair and said (amongst other things) that Blair was having trouble adjusting to having to play a more central role.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I heard an interview with Sheens on Grandstand today. He was asked about Blair and said (amongst other things) that Blair was having trouble adjusting to having to play a more central role.
I wonder if he means it literally as in centre-field play or (more likely IMO) means it more as in that he's struggling now that he's the go-to guy of the forward pack.. as it's hard to adjust to playing a middle third role when the coach puts you on the left edge.

Heighington has been an edge runner all his career and Sheens has used him as a middle third player all his career despite that; it's why he looked so much better in his two games for Country. And while he's one of my favourite players I can't deny that the side looked much better after he went off today because Blair was forced to play in the middle third where he belongs in this side. Hopefully Heighington plays on the left edge when he gets back, although I fear now that his body shape and adapted game might no longer be suited to it, sadly. A terrible waste.

uvelocity

International Coach
the side looked much better after he went off today because Blair was forced to play in the middle third where he belongs in this side.
no way. We looked stronger up the middle when Galloway was on the park. Blair did nothing, to bring his season total to nothing, except drop the ball and give away a penalty. Tigers looked very unsure under the high ball and Tuquiri was woeful again. Blair such a massive waste of money, and I really hate the way he never ever tries to bust the line, but backs in and ends up on his back every single time. Someone who plays that manager game please tell me how many offloads he has, would be surprised if it's more than two for the season. Give me back gibbs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
no way. We looked stronger up the middle when Galloway was on the park.
Not mutually exclusive at all though. Galloway definitely had a better game than Blair but my point was that the side looked better with Blair up the middle than it did when he was on the fringes (although he has at least been sharing that centre role with Heighington in the last two weeks with them swapping a bit; early in the season Blair was exclusively employed as an edge runner).

uvelocity

International Coach
two horse race with jumping jimmy jack aws. his son our biggest disappointment ftr, playing footsketball

uvelocity

International Coach
**** look so bad

ugh they are so bad. 2 mins to go and the only bloke to chase the kick is surprise bull bailey. everybody else walking, don't care.

so they get the ball back from a drop kick thanks to bailey, and the set on their line to win the match and the half back doesn't even touch the ball. they give it to a front rower on the 5th.

do they even train at all?

Last edited:

Burgey

Sharks four on the bounce now. Jeez they're playing food, tough footy now. Hope Gardiner isn't too badly hurt. He's quality and important for them.

uvelocity

International Coach
hey burgeois, do you hate jamie lyon? I can't stand him for walking out on parra and for saying he didn't want to play origin. Every time I see him I want him to be punched in the face. Playing for womanly doesn't help his cause.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
**** look so bad

ugh they are so bad. 2 mins to go and the only bloke to chase the kick is surprise bull bailey. everybody else walking, don't care.

so they get the ball back from a drop kick thanks to bailey, and the set on their line to win the match and the half back doesn't even touch the ball. they give it to a front rower on the 5th.

do they even train at all?
That was an absolute abortion of a match. Roosters were awful, yet probably should have been 20 points clear with 10 to go. The Titans are probably the worst team I've seen since the Dogs of 08, but at least they had an excuse (huge injury list, $BW leaving). Their spine is just abominable, Prince isn't fit to shine the shoes of the player he was prior to 2010. Everything about his game is garbage these days, and that's being kind to his "defense". And he's their captain.

It's funny, outside of their spine I rate most players in their starting 17 pretty highly. It's just that they have the worst fullback and halfback in the comp, along with inexperienced 5/8 and hooker. Players like Bird, Idris, Mead and Gordon should be terrorizing the fringes. Just doesn't seem to happen very often though.

They need a cleanout like no club I've seen in recent times... Oh wait, 5 year contracts.

Poor **** :(

Burgey

hey burgeois, do you hate jamie lyon? I can't stand him for walking out on parra and for saying he didn't want to play origin. Every time I see him I want him to be punched in the face. Playing for womanly doesn't help his cause.
I heard Lyon interviewed on a Sports show on the radio on Thursday and tried to ring in to say it was appropriate they spoke to Judas on the eve of Good Friday, but they wouldn't let me on air.

****s.