• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That was an absolute abortion of a match. Roosters were awful, yet probably should have been 20 points clear with 10 to go. The Titans are probably the worst team I've seen since the Dogs of 08, but at least they had an excuse (huge injury list, $BW leaving). Their spine is just abominable, Prince isn't fit to shine the shoes of the player he was prior to 2010. Everything about his game is garbage these days, and that's being kind to his "defense". And he's their captain.

It's funny, outside of their spine I rate most players in their starting 17 pretty highly. It's just that they have the worst fullback and halfback in the comp, along with inexperienced 5/8 and hooker. Players like Bird, Idris, Mead and Gordon should be terrorizing the fringes. Just doesn't seem to happen very often though.

They need a cleanout like no club I've seen in recent times... Oh wait, 5 year contracts.

Poor **** :(
William Zillman > Tim Moltzen although personally neither of them should be starting fullbacks at their clubs.

Moltzen is the worst fullback defensively, his only positive is his support play.

Titans really are a poor outfit lead my Prince and must be looking at a succession plan soon.

I would be playing Mead at the back for that extra spark in attack.

1 Mead
2 Gordon
3 Idris
4 Peyroux (so solid defensively)
5 Champion
6 Zillman
7 Prince
8 Bailey
9 Srama
10 Douglas
11 Myles
12 Bird
13 Harrison

14 Rankin
15 Minichiello
16 Henderson/White
17 James/Ridge

FTR - I know Bird and James are currently injured.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I heard Lyon interviewed on a Sports show on the radio on Thursday and tried to ring in to say it was appropriate they spoke to Judas on the eve of Good Friday, but they wouldn't let me on air.

****s.
:laugh:

William Zillman > Tim Moltzen although personally neither of them should be starting fullbacks at their clubs.

Moltzen is the worst fullback defensively, his only positive is his support play.
I was thinking more Tedesco > Zillman, though I guess we won't find out till next year. Still reckon Moltzen and Zillman are neck and neck though. Moltzen is at least occasionally dangerous with the ball in hand and has a bit of speed.

Really rate Mead, the **** should do everything they can to get him the ball more often.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
:laugh:

I was thinking more Tedesco > Zillman, though I guess we won't find out till next year. Still reckon Moltzen and Zillman are neck and neck though. Moltzen is at least occasionally dangerous with the ball in hand and has a bit of speed.

Really rate Mead, the **** should do everything they can to get him the ball more often.
Yeah it's hard to rate Tedesco on his 15 minutes of NRL, obviously had many good judges frothing over his NYC form. Moltzen is in contention for the worst half back in the comp, then. :laugh:

Agree on Mead, he would be fantastic in the number 1 jersey. I notice Cartwright finally named Sezer. I was almost going to say in my previous post that I don't get why they bought Henry and Sezer if they aren't going to play them, so it's a good move.

Match of the round though is clearly in Darwin this week, looking forward to the game!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol Manly getting dusted by the ****.

In other unheralded news, Steve Matai down clutching a shoulder. Unheard of.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I can't see the Roosters taking another home game up to Darwin for a while. They were pathetic.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah mate, I was in a corporate box. Some of the Cowboy tries were excellent I have to say, I liked Taumalolo run for his first try and Bowen's second try was good too. What did you make of the game?

I have to say TIO stadium is quite good, its better suited for AFL but still the facilities are good.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol Manly getting dusted by the ****.

In other unheralded news, Steve Matai down clutching a shoulder. Unheard of.
Love seeing Manly lose, also nice to see Toovey take it in good spirits by having a whinge at the presser about everything. Though in saying that I definitely agree with what he said about the Broncos schedule (massive advantage playing the same night for at least the first 8 rounds).

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else like me to get their team up by posting an essay explaining how **** they are?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Love seeing Manly lose, also nice to see Toovey take it in good spirits by having a whinge at the presser about everything. Though in saying that I definitely agree with what he said about the Broncos schedule (massive advantage playing the same night for at least the first 8 rounds).
Yeah its a massive help for us. The 5 day turnaround from Monday night to Saturday night has hurt many teams over the last couple of years.

I don't really get why Nine think the Broncos need to be shown every week, its a bit of an insult to QLD fans that we wont watch the second game if it doesn't involve a QLD team.

Also, if they did want to show the Broncos, a Sunday afternoon game could draw good ratings and I'm pretty sure the Broncos would prefer Sunday arvo slightly ahead of Friday night anyway.

It would also be nice to watch a Broncos game without Ray Hadley commentating. As a TV commentator he is hopeless.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah sick of Broncos on Friday nights.

Have a season ticket, and gave Friday against the Raiders a miss this week.

It's such a mission to get to the game after work.

Would love some Sunday arvo matches.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah its a massive help for us. The 5 day turnaround from Monday night to Saturday night has hurt many teams over the last couple of years.

I don't really get why Nine think the Broncos need to be shown every week, its a bit of an insult to QLD fans that we wont watch the second game if it doesn't involve a QLD team.

Also, if they did want to show the Broncos, a Sunday afternoon game could draw good ratings and I'm pretty sure the Broncos would prefer Sunday arvo slightly ahead of Friday night anyway.

It would also be nice to watch a Broncos game without Ray Hadley commentating. As a TV commentator he is hopeless.
If nine don't take the Broncos for Friday fox get a stab at them. Sunday game is the 4th choice game. There needs to be another team in qld with the same pull as the Broncos, but how do you do that? The Titans don't seem to be capturing the publics imagination, i find it hard to believe the Bombers or Jets would do any better.

Only way to do it is to get rid of our ridiculous scheduling so teams other than the Broncos and Tigers can build a profile. For me how the new tv deal is structured is more important than how such money we get. Promotion in expansion non heartland areas and scheduling have to be fixed if the game is to grow.

Burgey

**** you Parra. It's the hope that gets ya.

Bet they won't score a point second half.

/Gambhiring.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
**** you Parra. It's the hope that gets ya.

Bet they won't score a point second half.

/Gambhiring.
Was such a weird first half; Cronulla were so much better than you other than for three pieces of Hayne brilliance, and yet it's 18-18. Hayne is definitely the best back in the game though IMO - to be playing at 60% fitness and keep a team overplayed by so much in the game anyway off his own bat is just amazing.

Burgey

Surely Esi Tonga is playing because it's part of Willie's deal? He missed three tackles one on one which led to one try and a combined 763 metres for cronulla.

**** he is.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else like me to get their team up by posting an essay explaining how **** they are?
Maybe I'll start with my own ****ing trash excuse for ****ing **** team. Half of them belong in NSW cup. 60-0 in one week fml so so much.

Sitting here surrounded by Tigers fans. This little brat won't shut up behind me. I'll give him something to yell about. :ph34r:

Last edited: