• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

Mehul K

Cricket Spectator
A lot of papers/sites are running with this Nasri to United thing but I personally can't see it happening. I would prefer us to get Modric but that's seem very unlikely with his price tag. We do need another central midfielder in any event.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Im so conflicted. You refer to Man U as 'we' and your location probably means you support India in cricket...but you have Noel Gallagher in your avatar....

Welcome to CW :dry:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just wanted to mention Mike Doyle's passing - us oldies will remember him from the 1970s and shudder at the thought of 64 being any sort of age to call it a day.
Saw his obit in the paper today. Not quite old enough to remember him in his pomp, but very sad news all the same.

Obituary hinted (well, baldly stated, actually) about his probs with the demon drink. Liver failure in the end, poor chap.

Meanwhile, Connor Wickham to Sunderland? WTF? Kid's waaaaay too good for them. Cannot believe that one of the bigger boys didn't step up for him. At £9m (rising to a max of £12.5) he's a steal.

If he stays fit he'll play for England by the end of the season. Has everything. I've been banging his drum for a while and hopefully people will see what the fuss is about now he's in the Prem.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can see what people see in Wickham but it's hardly like he's got an incredible scoring record is it?

Anyway, Clichy and Nasri's agent had a meeting with City today supposedly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can see what people see in Wickham but it's hardly like he's got an incredible scoring record is it?
Was injured for first half of the season and spent a large part of the remainder on the wing.

So much more to his game than goals too.

duffer

Like Cesc for a discount fee? Heh, meanwhile no-one will touch Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner or Rosicky with barge poles. Need to replace three starters and beef up the defence quickly with the CL qualifiers and a brutal fixture list in August. Think this is the season where the matchday fans turn nasty, we're not finishing top 4.h

Jarquis

All is well, Sky Sports News just told me we've officially opened talks with Oxlade-Chamberlain. Yay.

duffer

The Mirror linked us with John O'**** as well today. God I hate this summer. Where's sledger btw?

cpr

International Coach
A lot of papers/sites are running with this Nasri to United thing but I personally can't see it happening. I would prefer us to get Modric but that's seem very unlikely with his price tag. We do need another central midfielder in any event.

cpr

International Coach
Because I'm dyslexic and read it as 'Do we', not 'We do'.

Facepalm for me please......

Mehul, I do apologise

duffer

I must be the only Arsenal fan not excited by this Gervinho guy signing for us? Seriously, he has Adebayor written all over him. Just can't shake the feeling.h